Chapter Seven

Katsuki's POV:

I wake up to my alarm and look at the time to see that it's 7:00. I'm still at the bottom of the stairs. I try to get up, but I feel the pain in my ribs and fall back down.

I wait a moment before trying again. This time I try to get up slower. I have to get some clothes for the sleepover and I have to get ready for today. I slowly make my way up the stairs. School doesn't start until 9, but I have to shower since I didn't do that last night. I go into my room quietly and put my phone to charge. I grab a new uniform and underwear and make my way into the restroom.

I need to pee, so I do that and then hop into the shower. Well, not literally because that would hurt like a bitch. I start with my hair and then start cleaning my body carefully so that I don't put too much pressure on my bruises. When I'm done, I dry myself and head to the sink. I grab the toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. I do this while the fog in the mirror goes away. When I finish with my teeth, I clean my tongue and rinse my mouth. By then the mirror isn't foggy anymore.

I'm still in my towel and I see the bruises littering my torso. I also see the giant lump on my temple where mother punched me. It's different shades of purple. Then I see the one on my ribcage. As I touch the huge bruise, I wince. The pain is harsh. I tear up before I start drying myself. I put on my uniform, carefully. Once I'm done, I go into my room and get clothes for the sleepover. I look at my phone and see that I got texts from an unknown number. I freeze before opening it. I let out a sigh of relief when I read them.

Unknown number: Hey it's Shoto. Midoriya gave me your number so that I could tell you that the sleepover is all weekend.

Unknown number: Goodmorning Katsuki. We are still going to talk today at school.

The first one was at 10:30 last night and the second one was at 7:15. I added him to my contacts and changed the contact name. It was now "Snowflake". No one would see it after all. I blushed just thinking about him. He was hot. The way his hair flowed. The look he got in his eyes when he thought about something. Then I stopped because I became nervous thinking about what he thinks of me now. He knows too much already.

I put my phone down so that it could continue charging. I pack clothes, and a spare charger. I go grab my toothbrush and toothpaste from the restroom. Then I go back to my room and apply some scar make-up on my wrists since we were going to use our hero costumes today.

When I look at the time, I see that it's 8:27. I grab my phone that is now fully charged, my backpack, and my bag of clothes. I rush to the restroom to apply some make-up under my eyes and then head out. I didn't put make-up on the bruise because it was big. Even with make-up, people would see the bump.

Once I'm out the door, I text Mother saying that the sleepover is all weekend. Then, I plug in my earbuds and put on some music. It's my "Soft Music" Playlist. Waves by Dean Lewis plays first. I see the school in the distance and put on my 'fuck everybody' face. I add an angriness to my step and walk like that all the way to class. Please no breakdowns today, I think to myself. It's 8:51 when I walk in.

Kirishima is the first to greet me. "Hey Bakubro, aren't you excited it's Friday?! We get to use our quirks today! Wait what happened to your face? " I look at him before saying, "I was training in the dark last night and hit my head on a tree. And yeah I'm excited. I can show all of you how much better I am!" Lies. I'm nowhere near as great as all of them. He looks at me, "Oh, it looks harsh. Yeah sure Bakugo, I'll beat you!" I give him an angry smirk. Hm maybe today won't be so bad.

I go sit down in my seat before Mr. Aizawa comes in. I get down slowly, but not too slowly, which hurts. I turn around to the back to see Shoto looking at me. He doesn't have any expression on his face. Ugh, why can't I read him? Mr. Aizawa comes in and tells us to go put on our hero costumes and to meet him outside.

Everyone cheers excitedly and rushes to the shared lockers. Of course, they're separated by gender. I walk slowly, mostly because of the pain in my ribs. But also so that everyone can leave the lockers before I can change. I don't need anyone asking about the bruises.

Everyone is changing and I go to my locker in the back. I pass the two rows of lockers before opening my locker. I take out my costume and then around. I can't see in between the two rows of lockers, but all the guys are huddled in a crowd heading out. I hear their cheers and exciting talk down the hall. Then I start undressing as quickly as I can without causing too much pain to my rib. I turn around to see the bruises on my back from the mirror in my locker.

As I'm about to put on the top, I hear someone shuffling behind me. My shirt is halfway on, so I pull it on quickly and turn around to see no other than Todoroki himself. I swear to God I'm so done with this bullshit. How the fuck is it always him. I'm not dealing with this right now. He comes over to me and I step back.

"Tch what IcyHot?!" There aren't any bruises on my upper arms or shoulders, so I was good there. I quickly put on the glove-like sleeves on my arms and then the gloves. He just looks down at my stomach. I look down too and see that my shirt rode up a little bit. I get self-conscious and pull it down quickly. He's judging me because of how fat I am. I should just stop eating. I don't like having my back to people anymore, so I just turn my head to the side.

He still hasn't answered my question, so I ask again. "What did you want?!" He just blushes, probably for being caught staring at my stomach. "I saw the bruises on your body, what happened?" He asks. "I was training in the dark last night and I hit myself a couple of times with the trees," I say. Phew. Just keep the lies consistent, and it'll be fine.

He nods. But he doesn't seem convinced. "Okay well hurry up because you've taken too long already," he says. As soon as he closes the door, I put on the rest of my costume and massage the bruise on my rib to get it used to some pain. I need to be able to move at least a little bit, so I massage it the whole way to the training grounds. Ugh, today is going to be physically painful.

***

Word Count: 1,276
I'm glad a lot of people are reading my fanfic. Ahhh. I'm so excited to even be doing this. I'd always been so nervous. Anyways, thank you all for reading. I like seeing people comment. I will post the next chapter on Thursday. Not a lot happened in this chapter. Sorry about that. Let me know how long you guys want the next chapter. Eeeek. Also the new episode was amazing. Did you guys watch it? Let me know, you don't have to lol. <3