Chapter Nine

Shoto's POV:

I smiled as Katsuki drifted off into sleep. He looked so soft and calm. I wanted to get to the bottom of his problems. He doesn't seem well at all. Maybe, before we go over to Midoriya's house, I can take him for a walk. I need to get him to talk to me because I don't want him suffering anymore. He has at least been going through some problems since the attack at the woods this past summer. I started paying close attention to him around that time. Just making sure we was okay.

He seemed scared and sad. He was also slower all the time. Like if it pained him to move quickly. I never noticed that before, but then again, I just started to observe him and his behaviors. How would I get him to trust me though? He seems so guarded, he doesn't even talk to Kirishima all that much anymore. It's making his group sad. I know they liked having him around. Yes, Katsuki is loud, but they don't mind that. I can tell by the way they admire him. They show their love by teasing each other.

However, I think Katsuki is taking all their jokes seriously and now he's distancing himself. It makes me sad because his confidence is so low now. He barely makes remarks about being the best anymore. A lot has happened to him. I'm sure way more than we know about. Like when he was taken by Shigaraki and the League of Villains. What did they do to him while they had him? He completely freaked out when we saw that guy in front of the restaurant. Usually he would attack.

He just shut down and went straight into panic mode. I thought that he would've attacked or something, anything except that. I was honestly so worried about him. He also freaked out when I went to touch him. Like if I was going to hurt him or something. All I know is that whatever is making Katsuki like this, has to be something big, and I'm gonna be the one to help him out. I miss the old, confident Katsuki. He slowly stopped believing that he could become the best hero. The thing with All Might and the League of Villains just fast tracked his lack of confidence. It wasn't very hard to see that and it pained me.

I must've zoned out because Recovery Girl was yelling my name and smacked my arm. "TODOROKI!" I jumped in surprise and looked up at her, "Yes?" She just frowned and said, "You looked deep in thought, anyway, Bakugo should be waking up within the next hour. You should probably update your teacher about him being here."

I nod. "Thank you Recovery Girl, I will do that." I stand up, hesitantly. I don't want to leave him alone.

What if he woke up and I wasn't there. "I'll be back. If he wakes up when I'm not here, tell him that I just went to go tell Mr. Aizawa where we are. Also that I will be back," I said.

She nodded and I left the room. I practically ran the whole way. I had to be back before he woke up. He has to know that I'll be there for him, always. Ugh that sounded so cheesy, but no one else would know that I thought that.

I finally make it outside and catch my breath a bit. I calmly walk towards Mr. Aizawa, who is surprisingly not asleep, and tell him that Katsuki was hurt and he's in the nurse's office. He just nodded and said "Okay." I calmly walked back into the building. When I knew no one could see me, I dashed back to the nurse's office. "Please don't be awake yet, please don't be awake yet," I whispered to myself. I made it and I was outside the door. I just needed to catch my breath. Once my breathing was leveled, I calmly walked in.

I quickly looked over to Katsuki's bed and saw that he hadn't woken up yet. I let out a sigh of relief. I sit back down and watch him. He needs to get better. I go to touch his hair and he stirs a little bit. I quickly pull my hand back, I'm disappointed because I didn't get to touch it. He slowly opens his eyes and then shoots up. His eyes are open wide and he looks around frantically before turning and seeing me. He calms down quickly and sighs.

Katsuki's POV:

I wake up and wonder where I am. I gasp, sitting up quickly and looking around to see if anyone was here to hurt me. I turn around, and see Shoto looking at me. Phew. I let out a sigh. Then I angrily say, "Tch IcyHot. Why are you here?"

I didn't want him to leave, but I couldn't just not act like myself. He'd know something was up. I mean he already knows a lot, so what am I talking about?

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I left for around 5 minutes to tell Mr. Aizawa where we were. I've been here though," He says. He was here the whole time? Did he really care that much? It made me feel warm inside. But, he'd never want me in that way. I was just a loud, overconfident dumbass who isn't worth anything. I want to hug him, take in his scent and stay there forever. He's so warm aannnddd I have to stop thinking about that. I'm just getting my hopes up.

I sigh sadly thinking about that. Then I look up and put on my act. "Tch, I don't owe you anything Sh- Halfie!" Whoops, I almost called him Shoto, AGAIN! I know sometimes I say it, but not when I'm putting on my act. A small smile makes its way to his lips. Damn he heard that slip up. "I know you're probably annoyed by this already, but it's okay to call me Shoto," he says confidently. He mutters something under his breath quickly after.

"What IcyHot!?"

"I didn't say anything," he says.

"I know you did, what was it?!"

He sighs before giving in and saying, "I said, I like it when you call me Shoto."

He turns his face away, but I can still see his ears are red. "Hm, oh." I say nervously.

What the hell am I supposed to say to that? It's quiet for a few seconds and then he speaks up. "Hey Katsuki, before we go to Midoriya's, I want to take you on a walk. We need to talk. Don't worry, I won't make you tell me anything, I just want to know what you trust me with. You can let your guard down around me. I won't hurt you. It would also be better for you to be able to be yourself around at least one person."

He smiles warmly a bit towards the end, and I look at him surprised. Can I really trust him? Will he just do this to be mean? Does he know I have a crush on him? What if he uses that to destroy me? But he sounded sincere, and his smile wasn't fake. It was genuine. I like his smile, it was so soft and meaningful. I nodded a bit hesitantly. I will tell him some things, but not about everything.

I won't tell him about the kidnapping or the cutting, but should I tell him about my mom? I don't know because then I'd have to tell him why my mom beats me. And no one knows that I'm gay besides her and my father. Look what they did when they found out, what would Shoto do? I shuddered and looked up to see Shoto looking at me. "I won't tell anyone anything. I promise you. Don't think that I will betray your trust," he says. I nod and then hear the bell go off, signaling the end of the day. We were both in our hero constumes still, so we needed to get changed before we headed out.

I get out of bed slowly, and realize that the pain in my rib is gone. I am relieved. I wouldn't be able to fake not being in pain for the rest of the weekend. My plan worked, and no one knew why it was really broken. I smile to myself as we're walking towards the lockers. I think the bruises might have healed to, along with the cuts. The scars were still there, but scars were easier to hide than fresh wounds. Scars were also harder to spot with the make-up.

We walk quietly next to each other. It's not awkward, and I smell a small hint of apples. Hmm, he smells really good even after sweating that much? Wow, he really is amazing. I blush lightly thinking about him and then we finally get to the lockers.

***
Word Count: 1,507
Thank you so much for reading this. I really appreciate it. Omg this fanfic has over a thousand reads already. This is so exciting. The next chapter will go up on Thursday! There will be two updates on Halloween to celebrate this! Thank you so much for your comments, votes, and thank you soooo much for reading. I know I already said that, but thank you so much for reading. Loool <3