Chapter Nine

Christian

I rolled over and almost fell out of bed. Shit. It wasn't a bed, it was a couch, and it was the most uncomfortable couch I had ever slept on. Sitting up, I realised what had woken me up. A fucking blender going off in the kitchen. Who the fuck used a blender at this time of day? Or maybe I slept in later than I thought. I checked my watch. Nope, it was five o-fucking-clock.

Shifting my legs to put my feet on the ground, I reached for my jeans. I slid into them, threw my t-shirt on, and then stumbled into the kitchen. My guess was that it wasn't Jasmine. I've never know her to be a five-a.m.-blender chick. And I was right. I rounded the corner and discovered a chick making a mess with leaves and fruit as she concocted some fucking awful green drink.

As she lifted a glass of it to her lips, I asked, "what the fuck is that?"

She turned, startled and grumbled, "Morning to you too, its a green smoothie

She turned, startled and grumbled, "Morning to you too, its a green smoothie. Its good for you."

I rubbed my eyes; it was too early for this shit. I had never seen anyone drink something that looked like it came out of a new-born. "Right," I muttered as I headed to the kettle. "I need a coffee."

She pointed to the blender, still containing the purified baby shit. "There's smoothie left if you want some?"

"Not fucking likely," I said, and made coffee as she stood there, sipping her drink looking me up and down.

"How long are you here for?" she eventually asked, with her hand on her hip.

I shrugged. "For as long as it takes."

"For as long as it takes?"

I stopped what I was doing and turned to face her. "For as long as it takes to get Jasmine to come home with me."

She choked on the green slime she calls a drink, then giving me a smug reply "You do realise that she isn't going to ever go home with you, don't you

She choked on the green slime she calls a drink, then giving me a smug reply "You do realise that she isn't going to ever go home with you, don't you." She places a hand on her hip and raises one eyebrow before she continues, "If fact, hell will freeze over before that will happen, you do realise this, right?"