Chapter Thirty Three

Jasmine

Christian arrived home after ten that night. I'd been sleeping on the couch on and off, waiting for him. He came into the house and headed straight into the bedroom. I waited silently for him to come back out; I had absolutely no idea where our conversation was headed.

"You've had dinner?" he said, as he came back into the lounge room.

"Yeah. I made you some if you've haven't eaten."

He smiled at me

He smiled at me. I let the gesture settle over me and wrap itself around my heart. If we were going to get anywhere, I would need to keep a hold of that. I feared we were in for another tense discussion.

"Thanks, baby. I ate with the boys, so I'll put it in the fridge for tomorrow," he said as he went to the kitchen to take care of it.

I got up and followed him, the need to be near him overwhelming. He turned to me when he heard me enter the kitchen behind him. I stepped into his space, and wrapped my arms around him, inhaling his scent and brushing his neck with my lips.

A groan escaped his lips, and his arms encircled me too. He bent to lay a kiss on my head, and then he murmured, "I was so worried about you yesterday, and relieved when I found out you were okay. But babe, you scared the fuck out of me by almost drinking."

I pulled away a little bit so that I could look into his eyes. "I'm so ashamed,"I admitted.

He reached his hand out to my chin, and held it gently, tenderly. "Don't be ashamed. okay? You need to move past this and that won't help you. It was a bad day, and yeah, you didn't handle it the best. But babe, we all have days like that. Its how you handle it now, and the next time it happens, that counts. And, I need you to know I'm here for you. I want to be the person you turn to when shit gets real. Can you let me be that for you?"

The tears started falling and I was helpless to stop them

The tears started falling and I was helpless to stop them. I nodded, struggling to speak. Finally, the words came. "I thought you were going to leave me," I said quietly.

Pain flashed in his eyes. "Fuck, babe. No, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Yeah, I was mad as hell at you, but this, what we've got here...this is for-fucking-ever. I love you no matter what you so. It's unconditional for me."