Chapter Thirty Four

Jasmine

I started going to regular AA meetings. Christian insisted, but I had already decided it would be an important part of my life. I had fooled myself into believing I was better than everyone at those meetings; that somehow I didn't really need to be there and hitting a bag was all the help I needed.

I was wrong.

it was a month after my near miss and things between Christian and I were good. I was worried though; there was something bothering him and he wasn't talking to me about it. He was sharing more with me and even though I sensed he still didn't tell me a lot, I knew he was trying, and that was all I could ask for. Strong relationships weren't built quickly; I knew it would take a lot of work, so I was being patient. And yet, I felt it in my gut that something wasn't quite right with him.

The club still hadn't found Roxy, so I guessed he was stressed about that. I'd brushed my concerns away for a few weeks, but that week he seemed even more preoccupied with whatever it was. he was being elusive, and there also seemed to be some tension between him and Sam.

 he was being elusive, and there also seemed to be some tension between him and Sam

It all came to a head on the Friday afternoon of that week. I was waiting for Christian at the clubhouse when Grant wandered into the bar and locked eyes on me. Now, there was a man who I wasn't quite sure what to make of. He'd been a member of The Brotherhood for about three years and I still knew nothing about him except that he liked to keep to himself. if I had to choose one word to describe him, it would be broody. I took in his appearance. He was tall with dark hair that was a little long, kind of like he just needed a good haircut, but I liked the ruggedness of it. He also wore a five o'clock shadow; another great feature as far as I was concerned. I liked a man who wasn't perfect looking and he definitely fit the bill. Grant was one of the only bikers I knew who wasn't covered in ink; well, ink that could be seen anyway. His tanned skin was clear of them on his arms, neck and hands. I had no idea if he had any on his legs as I had never seen them.

His green eyes penetrated mine, and I felt a little disloyal to Christian with the sensations he evoked in me. His voice was deep and commanding when he spoke, "Sam wants to see you in the office."

"And why couldn't Sam come and see me?" I asked.

"In the office now, Jasmine," his voice rumbled, and his hand slid around my back to guide me in the direction he wanted me to go.

I wanted to argue with him, but something about Grant told me not to bother. If it was at all possible, he seemed bossier than Christian, with an air about him that screamed not to challenged. So, I did what I was told and went to see Sam, with Grant close behind.

 So, I did what I was told and went to see Sam, with Grant close behind