Chapter Seventeen

Jasmine

I woke up the next morning feeling low. Remembering Kelly the previous night had been hard and I was thankful that Christian had been there for me when I got back. That was a difficult thing to admit to myself. I just wanted to hate him and not have anything to do with him, but then he had to go and be nice to me. And the things he did to my body. God, I was so messed up about him. He'd been back in my life for less than a week, yet there I was, wanting him all over again.

I decided to put thoughts of Christian aside and focus on my plane to move back. First order of business would be to call Jimmy and let him know I wouldn't be coming back to work. Thank fuck I'd saved some money to get me through until I find a new job.

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number. "Jazzy, my girl," He answered

"Hey, Jimmy. I have some news for you and I'm afraid it isn't the best." I decided to get straight to the point.

"Oh, that doesn't sound good, what's up? You decided to stay?"

"I'm so sorry to do this at such short notice but no, I'm staying here. Things have gotten pretty bad here and I'm needed here," I answered him, really regretting having to do this to him.

"Its okay, I understand. I had a feeling you would stay, so I got a replacement fighter." He chuckles

I returned his with my own chuckle, "Wow, jimmy, replacing me already. You almost hurt my feelings."

"You'll always be my special project Jazzy, you know that." He replied.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I scrolled through my phone and hit Craig's number.

"Baby girl, how are you?" he said as he answered his phone.

"Have you got a few hours?" I asked jokingly.

He chuckled. "That bad? Do you need me to come and sort shit out?"

"I appreciate that, but no. You've got your own things to take care of and I'm a big girl; its time for me to sort out everything I walked away from years ago."

"Yeah, I guess it is. How's Christian? Still being a caveman?" I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"Christian will always be a caveman. It's just who he is. I'm so confused about him, Craig." I decided that perhaps a guy's perspective might be insightful.

"In what way?"

I hadn't ever told my friends much about my relationship with Christian so I figured it was time to open up a bit, especially if I wanted advice. "I left The Valley because he told me to. We'd been broken up for about six months but I thought we were going to get back together, and then he told me he didn't love me anymore and that I needed to leave. He was the one who lined my job up at the gym, through an old club member who knew him, I think. He said I needed space from the club to get my drinking sorted. He broke my heart but I thought I was over him. Now I'm not so sure. I don't know what the fuck to make of it all."