Chapter Thirty Six

Christian

It had been three weeks since Jasmine had discovered her fathers secret. I had watched her struggle with this. I had also watched her begin to deal with it, and I couldn't have been fucking happier about how she was doing that.

My girl kicked ass.

It was a tough fucking pill to swallow when you realised the father you adored wasn't perfect after all. I knew because I'd been there. That knowledge took a piece of your heart with it, and you couldn't get it back. Sometimes never.

We'd spent the last three weeks laying low, doing our own thing, away from the club as much as possible. I turned up every day for work, but I stayed out of the way of most. Jasmine hadn't seen or spoken to any of her family in the last three weeks. She needed time to work through it all in her head.

The one thing she hadn't done was turn to alcohol. Sure, she hit as many AA meetings as she could, but mainly, she turned to me. And that was just how I fucking liked it.

We were enjoying a lazy Sunday morning in bed when she stole my heart all over again. "I can't imagine my life without you, Christian. Those years we spent apart were some of the hardest years of my life, but I think we needed them. They gave me time to grow up, and become me. And this me is so much better than the old me. This me is in your corner all the way, baby, and won't leave you ever again."

I rolled so I was on top of her and pinned her arms above her head, holding them there with one hand, while I moved my other hand to her breast

I rolled so I was on top of her and pinned her arms above her head, holding them there with one hand, while I moved my other hand to her breast. I dipped my mouth to hers, and took the kiss I desperately needed.

Coming up for air, I grinned at her. "God, I fucking love you, woman."

"I love you too, baby. But can you let my hands go? I need to touch you."

"Wasn't in the plans, sweetheart, but perhaps you can convince me with your dirty words."

She lifted her head off the bed to bring her mouth to my ear

She lifted her head off the bed to bring her mouth to my ear. As she spoke, her warm breath sent desire straight to my dick, and I was a fucking goner. I didn't even pay attention to her word; she could have whatever the fuck she wanted.