Chapter Twelve

Jasmine

I unzipped my bag and then answered my ringing phone, balancing it between my shoulder and ear so I could continue packing my clothes.

It was Tuesday morning, and after talking it over with Jenna and getting her opinion on the situation, I knew it was time to leave. After telling him of my news to head home, Jimmy was surprisingly helpful with regards to me leaving, he's covered all my shifts and even said I still have a place here when I come back. He's creepy sometimes, but surprising nice. Christian seemed immeasurably happy about this, as did Sam. I was yet to talk to my father about this, which surprised me. I figured he would have called by now. He usually has something to say about everything I did, or at least that's how it felt to me. Since moving to Cali, I'd managed to lessen his involvement in my life. He doesn't know about the fights I do, only my mother knows about that. I thought Christian blew it out of proportion, that's nothing compared to what my father would have done. My mother didn't like the idea of fighting, but she knew she had no choice but to let me, she had stepped back and given me the space to live as I wished. She was the kind of woman who had to have a say in just about everything involving her family. The thought of returning to the club had caused me some sleepless nights. I'd fought hard for my independence and wasn't about to give that up for anybody.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Jasmine," - it was Craig - "What time are you leaving?"

"Soon, babe. Have you got time to come over so I can say goodbye?" I really needed to see him before I left.

"I'll be there," he replied and we hung up.

I opened my closet and started throwing clothes into my bag.

Jenna breezed in and sat on my bed watching me pack. "That man of yours is moody. I've been trying to make conversation but I give up," she said.

"Lets get something straight. He isn't my man," I said, as I finished packing.

She mumbles, "Tell that to the pictures on his phone," I could hardly hear her, but I caught it.

"What are you talking about?" I asked questionably.

"Nothing...Why did you guys break up?" She asked.

I sighed and sat down on the bed next to her. "There were a lot of reasons we broke up, but he was the one who ended it when I accused him of cheating on me. When I found out later that he didn't cheat, I thought we might have had a chance at getting back together but stuff happened, and he told me to get out of the club, to leave town. He was done with me."

"Fucker." she rocked a dirty look - best friends were the shit. I loved that Jenna never pressured me for more information than I was willing to give. Even though we'd been best friends for two years now, she'd never pushed me to talk about from my past. She knew I had been through something that I didn't like to talk about, and knew that had a messy break up, but was happy enough to leave it at that.