2

~Asteria's POV~

I woke up in a scrawled mess across my bed, although that really wasn't unusual for me. Even as I sat up, I could feel that my dark brown hair was a big mess on top of my head, probably tangled and maybe even a little knotted. I pushed a fallen strand back out of my face, blinking tiredly as I turned and looked at the clock on my nightstand beside my bed. The red numbers blinked 12:16 PM back at me, letting me know I'd slept rather late.

Crawling out of bed, I crossed my room and entered the bathroom, closing the bathroom door behind me. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that I was right and cringed. My hair was a giant fucking rats nest on top of my head, desperately needing a brush dragged through it. To be honest, I still wasn't sure how my hair ended up like this when I brushed it every day. I mean, how bad did I roll around in my sleep? Evidently pretty damn bad.

Despite the fact that I'd slept about ten hours or so, my eyes were still sleepy looking. My dark green eyes were slightly glazed over and were bloodshot a bit and my cheeks were pink, so I looked like I was high as a kite. "Yikes." I mumbled to myself as I started up the shower and then returned to my sink, so I could brush my teeth. While the water heated up, I finished brushing my teeth and then grabbed my black hair brush from the sink, beginning to drag the brush through the messy, slightly tangled hair on my head. By the time I was finally done, the mirror was fogged up from the hot water that was running in the shower, steaming up the bathroom. Still, I was glad that I'd gotten my hair brushed, so I set the brush down and stripped naked before I got in the shower like I'd planned to.

When I emerged from the shower, my wet hair dripped down my back as I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel to dry off. After I had dried off, I pulled on a pair of panties and a bra before I hung my towel and began to blow dry my hair. Cece and I were supposed to be hanging out today, according to when I talked to her a few days ago. I was trying to hang out with her as much as possible before Luke, her brother, got here. I didn't want to take away from her time of seeing him, since it'd been several years. I doubted a week was a long enough time for the two of them to catch up, especially if I was there. So I figured it was best to hang out with her while he wasn't here yet.

Once my hair was dry, I turned off my hair dryer and unplugged it, leaving it there on the sink. I left the bathroom and turned the bathroom light off as I did, entering my room again.

My bedroom was pretty nice, in my opinion. The walls were an eggshell white and I had a soft gray carpet that spread across the span of my bedroom floor, because I hated stepping onto cold wood first thing in the morning. I preferred the soft warmth of the carpet. My bed-frame was a black platform bed-frame with a tufted headboard. My sheets were white and I had four black pillows with two white pillows and a black blanket that had a white trim on the outside. Because I had my bed right in the middle of my room, pressed up against the wall, I had two white nightstands on either side of my bed. One nightstand had a lamp with a black lampshade on it and the other nightstand had a glass vase of black dahlias, which were actually more of a burgundy color, not actually black.

On the wall across from my bed was my black TV, hung up right above my dresser. The dresser was white with black handles and it had a few of my favorite perfumes, my deodorant, a lotion, and my jewelry box on the surface of it. There was also a few candles that I had, which smelled like vanilla. Some of them were just jars, whereas others were sat on black or silver candle holders that I had.

The black vanity that I had was against the right wall and had bulbs around the mirror, my makeup sat on the top of the vanity's surface. There was a white little fur cushion that I had pushed up beneath it, so I could sit. I had a black tapestry hung on the wall beside my vanity, which had flowers on it in black and white. On the wall my bed was up against I had two picture frames on either side, leaving the wall right above my bed blank. However, I had two black shelves above the bed that I had decorated with a few things. The top shelf had a few small picture frames on it with pictures of me and Cece, me and my family, and me and my other best friend, Xavier. The bottom one had just a few knick knacks I'd been given over the years.

One of the knick knacks was a magnetic sand hourglass that was sat on top of a little brass holder, which my mom had gotten me when I was fourteen. I also had a Russian nesting doll, a glass skull, and a tiny teddy bear. I also had a string of white fairy lights up along my walls, and the door to my closet was beside the door to my bathroom.

I entered my big closet and turned on the light, rolling the closet with light. The closet was pretty simple, as were the clothes that filled it. I wasn't really one for dressing all out or anything. Sure, I liked to do my makeup, but that was about as much effort as I put into my appearance, aside from brushing my hair and shaving. I liked to dress pretty comfortable, so I didn't have dresses or skirts or heels. I didn't even really have jeans. I mean, I had a few, but not many. Maybe three pairs at the most. I had a lot of leggings, sweatpants, and shorts.

I decided to get dressed in a pair of dark blue trousers that were pretty comfortable and a white cropped tank top with a high neckline. Then, I pulled on a pair of all white converse and decided that was good enough for me, leaving my closet so I could put on some deodorant and a bit of perfume.

I plopped down at my vanity and quickly began to do my makeup, examining myself in the mirror. My brows, which were obviously a dark brown like my hair, were nicely arched. I liked the way they looked, and I should've, since it had taken me a while before I finally got them to a shape that suited my face. My jaw was defined and I had high cheekbones with an upturned button nose, dark green eyes, and plump lips.

After I did my makeup, I popped on a set of false lashes and left my room with my phone in my pocket, heading to the front door. Hopefully Cecilia hadn't been waiting too long for me, since it was now after one PM. I headed over to her house and up the front porch, knocking on the front door and then stepping back while I waited for her to come and let me in. We hadn't even decided yet what we were going to do today. I waited patiently until the door was suddenly swung open and, naturally, I'd expected it to be Cece, but it wasn't. No, it was a tall, tall man.

Luke.