26

~Asteria's POV~

When it was well past having gotten dark, I sat in my bedroom, fresh out of the shower as I stared down at my blankets. The thought of Luke and Daniela together hadn't left my mind all day. He had a girlfriend, had lied to me about it, and then willingly cheated on her. I glared at my blankets, imagining his face there, bursting into flames under my stare.

As I sat there, thinking of ways to pummel the large man, I heard a very soft couple of knocks on my bedroom door. Some part of me knew immediately that it was Luke, probably trying to come to feed me more lies, and I glared at my blankets harder. "Little star? Can I come in, please?" He asked softly through the door, not trying to come in yet. The door was unlocked, so he could've come in whenever he wanted, but he had asked me for permission first. I ignored him completely, not even making a noise in response to his question. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him or if I never wanted to see him again.

Seeming to sense that I wasn't going to be responding, I heard Luke let out a soft sigh and then the door opened ever so slowly. I didn't look towards him even though I saw him entering the room quietly, softly shutting the bedroom door behind him. My hands clenched into fists as he came into view and I couldn't help it anymore, looking up at him with a glare on my face. His eyes caught mine and he flinched when he saw the look on my face, letting out a heavy sigh. "You're pissed, aren't you?" He guessed, pointing out the obvious. I mean, that was a given. "Oh, no." I scowled at him. "I just have been planning your death for the last few hours because I was bored." I mocked, causing him to sigh.

"Look, Star," He murmured softly, making his way to me slowly, like he was trying to be sure I wouldn't actually attack him. Honestly, I couldn't promise that. "No, you look!" I hissed, glaring at him. "You fucking lied to me. I asked you if you had a girlfriend, and you said no. You lied!" I growled, slipping out of my bed and stomping over to him with my hands clenched into fists. He backed up into the wall as I neared him, his blue eyes peering down at me. "No, I—" He shook his head as he tried to protest, but I absolutely wasn't having it. I wasn't going to let him lie to me again. "I'm not finished." I snapped, glaring up at him. He sealed his lips shut immediately, not daring to speak another word.

"You cheated on that poor girl and dragged me into a mess I swore I would never, ever be involved in. How dare you do that to either of us?" I poked him on the chest, my finger pushing against his shirt with each angry poke. "You disgust me." I snarled, beginning to feel my anger mix with despair. My tears pricked at the back of my eyes again and I sniffled, wiping at my eyes.

"How could you be that heartless? She trusted you to be faithful to her, to love her. Why would you do this to her, Luke?" I sobbed, the tears beginning to fall down my cheeks like rivers. It took a while before I had gotten a hold on my emotions again, crying deeply at the pain this girl would probably feel if she knew. "You disgust me." I whispered, wiping my face until my cheeks were finally dry, no more tears sliding down them.

When I had the balls to look up at him again, I could truly see the remorse in his eyes. For a second, I thought he felt bad for what he'd done to this girl. To his girlfriend. Then, he sighed softly and shook his head. "I don't want you to look at me like that." He said softly, letting out a deep sigh. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Maybe you should've thought of that before you cheated on her with me." I replied bitterly. His eyes flashed with hurt and he silently examined me for a moment, a furrow in his brows. "It's not like you think it is, Asteria." He sighed, shaking his head.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, turning around before I headed back towards my bed. As I did, his footsteps followed hurriedly behind me. "Please. Please let me explain." He pleaded, to which I flicked him the middle finger and went to sit down on the edge of my bed. Before I could, he had a soft grip on my elbow as he tugged me back, and I flipped out immediately at the feeling of him touching me. Unable to stop myself or think it through, I spun around and smacked him across the face, ripping my arm out of his hold. His eyes widened in surprise at me and he placed a palm on his cheek, the both of us just silently staring at one another as he processed what I'd just done.