12

~Asteria's POV~

I sat in my bedroom, watching TV while I took my sweet time in doing my makeup. Xavier sat beside me, texting away on his phone with a furrow in his brows.

"What do I do when a guy won't commit, but he wants me to suck his dick and have sex with him and shit?" Xave asked suddenly, causing me to look over at him in surprise. I was kind of the last person to be going to for relationship advice, considering I'd only ever been in one relationship in my life, and that relationship was a dumpster shit fire. Even so, I was more than willing to help him with his guy issues. "You tell him to get his shit together or you're gone." I said simply, shrugging my shoulders. That was really all there was to it.

Xavier sent me a look. "Well, duh. But I meant, like...I just don't understand." He moaned in complaint, throwing his head back. "Why won't he commit?" He sighed sadly, looking down at the screen of his phone. I began to do my brows while I spoke, holding a mirror up so I could see my face closer. "Is this still the same guy? Manson?" I asked, curious. He'd been telling me about Manson for what seemed like months now and I knew Xave was past it being purely physical for him by now. He had feelings for this guy. "Yes." Xavier sighed out, frowning. I didn't like when my friends were hurting just because other people were inconsiderate of their feelings. It really pissed me off.

"Look, Xave..." I began, finishing up my brows and setting my brow pencil back in my makeup caboodle. "Manson seems like he's just trying to string you along. I mean, you've made your feelings known to him by now, right?" I checked, grabbing my blush and brush. Like I'd thought, Xavier nodded. "Yes. Several times. We always get in fights about it." He said, causing me to frown. Xavier deserved better than that.

"I know you're not going to want to hear this," I began, swiping some blush across the tip of my nose after I put some on my cheeks. "But I think that Manson doesn't care about you or your feelings. Every time you tell him, he ends up brushing you off and then we end up right back here again. He's just using you, Xave." I said softly, turning towards my friend and tossing my blush back into the caboodle. "And I think it's time you move on. You deserve to be with someone who's going to love you with all he has." I said, reaching out and brushing a tear away when I noticed it streaming down the dark skin of his cheek.

His brown eyes were watery and lined with unshed tears that threatened to boil over, a hard frown on his face. "Ria, I don't know what to do. I think I love him." He cried, causing my heart to shatter. I wanted to punch Manson in the face right about now.

Not wanting him to cry, I crawled over and slipped my arms around him, holding him against me while he cried into my bare shoulder. I could feel his tears on my skin, but I didn't mind. If he needed to cry it out first, then he could cry it out first and then I could give him the advice he needed to hear. That's what friends are for, after all.

As I sat there, holding him, I imagined we must've looked quite the sight if someone were to see us. I had my makeup half done, sitting on his thigh in nothing but my underwear and a bra while he cried onto my bare shoulder, probably getting some snot on me as well. And Xavier was still in just a pair of boxers, as he'd come to sleep in my bed last night because he said he was feeling lonely. While he cried, I lightly patted him on his shoulder and rubbed his back, resting my head on his shoulder.

Once he finished crying, I grabbed a tissue and gave him one, using the other for me to wipe my shoulder dry. "Sorry." He mumbled when he realized, drying his slightly puffy eyes. I just shook my head and smiled at him. "You should know by now that I don't mind." I said back, moving off of him to continue doing my makeup. "I don't like seeing you cry, Xave." I said after a passing moment of silence between us, beginning to put on some mascara. I waited for a second, knowing he was looking at me. "And I know you said you love him, so I know how hard it can be, but you have to get him out of your life before your feelings grow stronger. The more you love him, the harder it will be to be able to do it, and the more it will hurt, too." I advised, tossing my mascara into my caboodle with everything else.