4

~Asteria's POV~

When I went to go home, it was a little after ten PM and Cece's parents were asleep, but she and I were still wide awake. However, I realized as Cece and I headed down the stairs that Cece and I weren't the only ones awake, like I'd previously thought.

Luke was lounging in the living room, sprawled out on the couch with the TV on, though it was on silent. He was peering down at his phone, his fingers flying across the screen, so I assumed he must've obviously been texting someone. When her and I came jogging down the stairs, though, his eyes glanced away from the screen of his phone and he looked up at us. I paid him no mind, even as he stood from the couch, and simply made my way towards the front door. Though she had hesitated a little more now that she saw Luke was down here, Cece eventually began to follow me towards the door as well. Obviously she wasn't coming to my house or anything. She was just walking me out, but Luke didn't know that, or maybe didn't think that.

"Where do you two think you're going, Cecilia?" He called after us, his words causing her to come to a stop behind me. She grabbed my wrist, giving me no other choice but to stop as well. I frowned and turned around, wondering why I had to stop. He obviously knew I didn't live here. "I was just walking her to the door." She answered, causing Luke's blue eyes to flick over to me.

He narrowed his eyes at me and, in response, I simply raised a brow. "Her?" He echoed, taking leisurely steps towards us until he was stood right in front of us. He briefly glanced over at Cece and raised a brow, his gaze softening as he looked at her. When he had looked at me, it was clear that he didn't trust me simply from the way his gaze would harden. Slightly confused by his words, Cece just slowly nodded her head, her brows furrowed. Like me, she didn't know what he was getting at. "What's her name, Cee?" He asked, a small smile on his lips.

Before she had the opportunity to answer, he chuckled to himself, his smile taking my breath away. He looked even prettier when he smiled, if that was even possible. "I noticed she lives in Asteria's old house, you know. What happened to that girl? You end up dropping her?" He mentioned, causing me and Cece to both share a look with one another. I had to force myself not to laugh in his face, to be honest, but I did let a little smile nudge up on the edge of my lips. Cece did the same, her blue eyes peering up into his. Even she was clearly amused by his words, being that I was right here.

"Um, actually..." She said, a confused look on his face when he saw her smile on her face. "This is Asteria, Luke." She stated, gesturing to me.

His face lit up with surprise and he looked down at me, blinking. I sent him a fake sweet smile and watched him look me over, probably wondering if she was being serious. It was obvious by now that he hadn't recognized me at all, and I couldn't even say I blamed him for that. While he'd been gone, I'd changed a lot. Before, when I was twelve, I'd been even shorter than my current five-foot-four, and I'd been pretty skinny. I also hadn't worn makeup, ever. My hair had been much lighter as well, and I'd had a lot more acne. Now, though, I had less acne and did my makeup pretty much every day. I'd also put on a lot of weight, so much that I was now really curvy, which was the exact opposite of how I used to look. My had even gotten darker, too. The only thing that hadn't changed was my eyes, my nose, and the fact that I was short still.

Luke met my gaze, his still filled with confusion and disbelief. "That's....Star?" He murmured, causing me to glance at Cece. I'd almost forgot that he used to call me that. Star.

"That'd be me." I affirmed, crossing my arms over my chest and raising a brow at him. He stared at me for a little while longer and then he smirked a bit to himself, looking me over again. "How've you been, Assy?" He teased, earning a hard glare from me. I'd forgotten he called me Assy, too. Dickhead.