7

~Asteria's POV~

When we got to Luke's house, I was a little surprised to see that he wasn't lying. He lived right on the beach. It was a really nice house, too. I jumped out of Luke's car with Cece and gaped up at the large house, wondering how much this had cost. It was a giant house, so I imagined it wasn't cheap.

"Holy shit!" I cursed at the same time as Cece said, "Wow!" We both looked at one another and I grinned at her while she laughed, looking back up at the two story white house. It really was a beautiful house. The two story house had a garage with two big doors and an extended porch that went out over the pull-in space for the garage, so you could park under the porch. The porch seemed to extend from what looked to be a bedroom, as there were two other tinier porches up on the right and left side, above the front door and above the garage porch. The front door had a white staircase that led up to it, Cece and I inspecting the house as we walked up to it. In all honesty, I wasn't sure if Luke was behind us, but when I looked back, I saw that he was.

He met my gaze when he noticed me looking at him and I quickly turned around, following Cece up the front steps. She and I waited by the door for Luke, who unlocked it with his keys and then let us enter first. Cece eagerly loaded inside and I followed after her, looking around curiously. The ceiling were tall, even on the first floor, and I was greeted with a lot of white as we entered the entrance of the house, and a staircase ahead of us that led upstairs. To the left was a wall, which I assumed was a bedroom, since that was right where the porch above the garage would've extended from. As Cece and I walked into the house more, I heard Luke shut the front door, locking it after. "You can have this room if you want, Cee." He said, opening the door to the room that, like I thought, led to the garage's overhead porch.

As she walked in, he stopped her for a second and raised a brow. "But not with Cormac. You're rooming either by yourself or with Star." He said firmly. She pouted, glancing over at me. "I'll room alone." She complained, knowing I didn't like to share beds.

Cecilia dropped her purse onto the guest bed and then came and joined Luke and I again. "Let's see the rest of the house, then." She smiled, shutting the bedroom door. Luke rolled his eyes, leading us off to the rest of the first floor. I found myself in awe as we walked into a very modern living room that had light gray couches with white pillows and a glass table with a remote and a small vase of flowers. He had a TV up on the wall and then, to the right, was a few doors that I assumed must've led to closets or guest bathrooms.

Luke led us out of the small living room and back towards the front door, where there was a little hallway to the right that had another guest bedroom, but just one.

We headed up the stairs and I realized that all of the floor were made of dark wood that really looked nice, even on the stairs. When we got up the stairs, we were greeted with the sight of yet another living room, though this one was huge. The couches were big and white and looked very comfortable, two glass railings extending from the top of the stairs in the left and right direction, along the side so that nobody could possibly fall from the second story to the first. Both glass railings ended at a wall and the walls continued in two hallways, one hallway on the left and the other on the right as you came up the stairs.

I took my time examining the large living room, which had a light gray marble table in the middle of the three couches, and another flatscreen TV was on the wall. There was a big grey-ish white rug that was beneath the table and looked like it was soft, with a glass chandelier hung from the ceiling. To the right of the living room was the kitchen, which was also ginormous and very modern. I couldn't help but to notice how high the ceilings were as we entered the bright kitchen, which had a window all along the back wall, where you could see the porch that you could get to from the glass doors that were in the first living room downstairs.