15*

~Luke's POV~

I ended up getting home late the day that Asteria had made me breakfast, being that I often overworked myself. I guess it didn't really matter, though, that I almost always stayed late. After all, I was the president of the company. It wasn't unusual for me to stay and work long hours.

When I did arrive home, it was nearly twelve AM and the sun had set a long time ago, leaving the sky dark and lit up with stars. I noticed that all of the lights in the house seemed to be off as I pulled into the driveway and cut the engine, though the lights on the outside of the house. Obviously, they'd been off when I left, so I assumed that either Cece or maybe even Asteria had turned them on. Slamming the car door shut, I locked the car and then started up to the front door with my car keys in hand. As I entered the house quietly, I wasn't surprised to see that all of the lights were turned off, making it impossible for me to see anything in the dark. I was used to returning home to a dark, quiet house, but it felt weird when I knew that there were four other people in my house and yet it was completely quiet, as if nobody was here except me.

I ran a hand through my hair and set my keys on the entry door table, walking up the stairs and down the hall. Not wanting to be in this stupid suit anymore, I got undressed and pulled a tank top on, staying in my boxers. It wasn't like anyone else was awake to see me, anyways. Once I was changed, I walked down the hall again and into the kitchen, feeling hungry. I hadn't eaten for nearly twelve hours, since around lunch time. I was just hoping that there was something easy that I could make, because I was feeling pretty lazy.

My gaze scanned over the contents inside as I opened the fridge door, trying to find something to eat. At the last second, my eyes landed on a bowl that had a red lid over the top, covering the contents inside. On top of the lid was a little sticky note that said my name on it, which was enough for me to know that that bowl was for me. I studied the writing for a moment before I declared to myself that that definitely wasn't Cee's handwriting, which meant it wasn't from her. The handwriting was also too nice, too girly to be able to belong to either Cormac or Xavier, so that meant the only person whose handwriting it could've been was Asteria's.

She'd not only made dinner, it seemed, but she'd saved me some. No one had done that for me before.

I opened up the container and saw that she'd made some sort of pasta that smelled fucking amazing, even when it was cold. My stomach rumbled loudly as I put the container into the microwave, reminding myself to thank Star when I saw her, hopefully in the morning if I wasn't gone for work before she woke up. When the food was done heating, I opened the microwave and the scent that filled my nostrils was so delicious that my stomach rumbled again and my mouth watered a little. I didn't waste any time and got the food out, steam rising off of it as I mixed the pasta around with the fork so the sauce covered it nicely. I didn't know what the sauce was, but it smelled good.

After I collected some onto the fork, I put it in my mouth and hummed deeply in approval at the taste, slamming the microwave shut. I was so hungry that I didn't even bothering leaving the kitchen to eat. Instead, I just stood in front of the microwave with my back to the doorway as I stuffed my face.

As I was almost finished eating, I suddenly heard the sound of a cute snicker from behind me, causing me to whirl around. A few noodles still hung from my mouth as I saw Asteria standing in the entrance of the kitchen, peering over at me. I slurped the noodles into my mouth and wiped the sauce from my face, setting the empty bowl on the counter. "I see you found the food I saved for you." She remarked, an amused smile growing on her plump lips. The lips that had been tempting me every second since I first kissed her. A shiver shot up my spine and I nodded, glancing over at the empty bowl. "It was really good." I admitted, able to see her beam at my compliment from my peripheral view. "I'm glad you liked it." She hummed, brushing a hand through her hair.