18*

~Asteria's POV~

I sat in the living room on Thursday night, looking down at my phone as I was fresh out of the shower. My hair was still a little damp and my face was makeup free, as it was pointless for me to be wearing makeup this late anyways. A big t-shirt hung on my frame, reaching my thighs, and I scrolled through my timeline on Instagram, feeling bored. There was nothing for me do, nobody here for me to talk to purely because everyone was already asleep. However, Luke had gone out a few hours ago, but he never told anyone where he was going. Not even Cece got to know.

Out of nowhere, all of the lights cut off in the house and I froze, my phone being the only light that illuminated the room just a little. I could hear the soft pitter patter of rain falling against the roof, but suddenly it became much louder and much more intense than before. Feeling frightened, I pulled my legs up onto the couch and wrapped my arms around my legs, cradling them to my chest. The light on my phone didn't give off nearly enough light for me to be able to actually see anything. It just blinded me, that was all.

I heard the wind blowing wildly against the trees outside of Luke's house, the whistling sound of the wind causing me to grow even more paranoid. I couldn't see a single goddamn thing. Not wanting to just sit in the living room by myself, I got up off of the couch, trying to maneuver my way around the big table in front of me. While I was making my way slowly towards the end of the table, I heard the sound of the front door's knob jiggling, causing me to straighten. My head whipped in the direction of the stairs, but I obviously couldn't see anything. It was too dark. Forgetting about the table, I walked straight forward and my shin smacked against it. Then, I went tumbling over it, landing face first on the floor with a hushed groan of pain.

My breasts ached as I rolled onto my back, scowling up at nothing from my own stupidity. I scrambled up off of the floor, hearing the doorknob jiggling roughly, making it clear that someone was trying to get inside. Thinking that someone was trying to break in, I made my way into the big kitchen, feeling around the counters for the knife holder I knew was here somewhere. Finally, my fingers brushed it and I grabbed a random knife, unable to see which one I had grabbed. Then, I crept down the stairs and started to quietly go towards the front door, wanting to get a peek out the peep hole.

However, I didn't even make it to the front door. My feet had barely gotten off of the last step before the front door was being swung open and in came the shadow of a large man, causing me to squeal in fright. "What the fuck?" I heard him mutter. If I'd been paying attention, I'd have recognized that voice immediately, but I didn't. I was too distracted by my fear.

Even though I'd gotten the knife for self defense, I still felt like a completely defenseless wimp as I heard the quick footsteps stalking towards me. "Get away!" I squeaked, scrambling around the edge of the staircase and towards the direction that I was pretty sure the downstairs living room was in. "Jesus. Asteria!" I heard the man growl in a mix of anger and irritation, which only made me more scared. He knew my name! "I've got a knife and I'm not afraid to use it!" I threatened with a shaky voice, very afraid to use it. I didn't want to stab someone!

"A knife?" The man echoed. "What the fuck do you have a knife for? It's me, Star. It's Luke." He said, slowing his footsteps down as he neared the living room that I was hid behind the wall in the entrance of. I paused, lowering the knife as I heard thunder rumbling loudly in the distance. "Luke?" I echoed, now feeling embarrassed. Of course it was Luke. Nobody was trying to break in.

Luke entered the room as I hesitantly put the knife onto the table, biting my lip. "That's what I said." He hummed. I stepped a little closer and eyed the broad shadow of his back, able to see how big he was even in the dark. "You scared me." I said softly, the sound of my voice behind him causing him to turn around. "My bad, Star. Kinda thought you'd be asleep by now." He apologized, stepping a little closer. The scent of brown sugar wafted into my face and I smiled to myself. "Can I ask where you've been?" I asked, curious. He'd been gone for maybe four hours or so.