14

~Asteria's POV~

After Luke and I began to get along again, or at least getting along in the way that we did, I found it easier to slip my way back into my usual good mood. In fact, that was precisely why I woke up early on Saturday morning, yawning to myself as I stretched my limbs out. I laid in bed for a while, peering up at the ceiling in thought. It was probably only eight AM or so, which wasn't the time I usually woke up at, but I still couldn't fall back asleep. I felt wide awake, just looking up at the ceiling until I sat up and my dark hair fell down my back in messy waves.

Knowing I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep, I crawled out of my bed and headed into my bathroom so I could shower. I showered and then got out, leaving my hair down to let it dry on its own as I dried myself off with a towel. Once my body was dry, I pulled on a pair of panties and a bra, looking at myself in the mirror.

My black underwear clung tightly to my wide hips and I frowned to myself as I traced my fingertips over my stretch marks, the ones on my thick thighs and across my belly, as well as up the side of my waist. I even had some on the sides of my ass.

Not wanting to study my flaws anymore, I pulled on a pair of black sweatpants that had white stripes up the sides and then a white cropped shirt that said honey over the left breast in soft yellow. I left my feet bare and hung my towel up in the bathroom before I entered my room again, swiping some deodorant on under my armpits. I set the deodorant on my dresser and opened my perfume, putting some of that on before I set it beside the deodorant as well.

Because of the good mood that I was in, I decided after a little bit of thinking that I wanted to make breakfast. For everyone, even Luke, not just myself. It wasn't like I really had anything else to do, after all.

So I left my room, being as quiet as possible as I walked down the hall and into the living room. Light streamed into the room from the windows along the wall, providing the room with a little more natural light. I decided to leave the lights off instead of turning them on, since it seemed that I didn't need them. The sunlight that streamed into the house through the windows gave me all the light that I needed to be able to see. However, I did open the windows, letting the breeze outside blow into the house.

After I had grabbed a pan, made the batter and turned on the stove, I carefully poured some of the batter into the pan. I'd decided to make chocolate chip pancakes for everyone, as well as sausage and scrambled eggs. I was in the middle of making probably my twentieth pancake, and that's not an exaggeration, when I turned around to go to the fridge. However, I squealed in surprise as I saw Luke standing there in the entry of the kitchen, just watching me while he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. "Luke!" I exclaimed with a small frown, opening the fridge and getting out the little sausages. I returned to the stove and quickly flipped the pancake, not wanting it to burn.

While I let it cook, I briefly glanced at him over my shoulder, frowning. "Why are you all dressed up so early in the morning?" I wondered, realizing that he had on a suit. Yes, a goddamed suit that was going to make my ovaries disintegrate if I looked at him for too long. He looked so handsome.

I brushed my thoughts away and placed the cooked pancake with the rest, emptying the last of the batter into the pan to make the last pancake. "I've got to go to work today, little star." He answered, sounding much closer to me. I looked up as he leaned against the counter right beside me, so close that I could smell his usual brown sugar scent that surrounded him. "Oh." I said, frowning slightly. "Do you have to leave now? I was just making breakfast for everyone. I thought you'd be up later, so I don't have everything done yet." I frowned, glancing over at him. His lips twitched up. "You made me breakfast?" He asked.