24

~Asteria's POV~

Luke has been acting a little bit odd these past couple of days. He'd been behaving fine for the first couple of days after he'd thought that Xavier and I had had sex, aside from glaring at him, but that switched suddenly. It wasn't that it even related to Xavier and I, but that he was always leaving in the middle of nowhere to go outside to take phone calls.

Yes, he left the entire house to take phone calls, not went to a different room like most people would do. The weirdest part of that was that he didn't leave for all phone calls, only certain ones. I never knew who it was that was calling him, but on the number of times he'd left the room, I'd seen his screen maybe once or twice. It was always someone named Dan. I presumed that Dab was some guy, maybe a coworker or something. Maybe a friend, but I wasn't sure. I never bothered to ask. Sure, it was weird that he left the house for taking a phone call, but I supposed that wasn't really a big deal. Lots of people did that, right?

However, he'd not only been doing that, but he'd been acting kind of odd towards me. He didn't seem angry or anything, but whenever I would look over at him, he'd look away. He'd look like he felt guilty about something, something that was obviously weighting heavy on his mind lately. He'd also been a little on edge. If someone asked him a question, he'd get a little snippy towards them and then sigh before apologizing. I didn't really understand what was going on with him, but I admit I was growing a little concerned about his behavior. He'd never behaved so odd. I couldn't help but to wonder what was wrong.

Right now, I sat on one couch with Cormac while Luke sat on the couch across from us, his phone held in his hand. His brows furrowed as he typed furiously on his phone, a look of utter frustration in his blue eyes. He'd been doing that a lot lately, too. I didn't quite get him.

As I watched him look at his phone with furrowed brows, he suddenly sighed softly and stood up, shoving his phone into his pocket. Our eyes met and he peered at me for a second, his gaze not wavering from mine as he studied me closely. Then, he glanced over at Cormac and softly cleared his throat. "Which of you wants to come with me to get some food for everyone from Burger King?" He asked, looking back and forth between us. Of course, Cormac gestured to me. "I'll volunteer her as tribute." Cormac hummed, paying attention to the TV. I somehow knew he'd say something like that.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, shaking my head at his stupidity. He could be so lazy sometimes. "You know, it's still a wonder that Cece chose to date you." I sighed, walking past him. He snickered. "I agree." He said.

"I'll be back. Need to put on shoes." I said to Luke, glancing his way as I walked towards the hallway. I headed into my room and pulled on some black doc martens, my white socks sticking out from them. My white t-shirt had a big picture on it of a red car and hung down over my black spandex shorts, a little loose on my frame. After I was ready to go, I left my room, turning the lights off as I left. When I entered the living room, Luke and I headed down stairs and out to his car, where I got in the passenger seat and he got in the driver's. My hair bothered me a little when I pulled on my seatbelt, so I decided to tie it up in a bun on my head using the ponytail around my wrist, which took a little while. I had heavy, thick hair, but I managed to get it up after a minute.

When we arrived at Burger King, I had sort of expected that Luke and I were just going to go through the drive through, but he parked in the parking lot instead. I sent him a confused glance, furrowing my brows. He unbuckled his seatbelt and bit his cheek. "I was thinking we could eat something here and then when we leave, I'll order everyone else's food in the drive through." He suggested.

I bit my cheek in thought, wondering if I wanted to eat lunch with him. After I'd spent a few seconds considering it, I sent him a small smile. "Sure." I agreed, unbuckling my seatbelt as well. Maybe it was time to stop being so mad at him. But I didn't know if I was ready for that yet.