11

~Luke's POV~

"Luke!" Cee complained from the kitchen, standing in front of the fridge with the door wide open. I sighed and looked over my shoulder, wondering what she wanted. "What?" I asked, barely able to see her from out of the corner of my eye. "You're out of cereal, eggs, milk, bread, orange juice, Pringle's, la—" Cee began to list things off to me one after the other after the other, though I couldn't say why.

"Okay! Okay, I get it. I'm out of food." I exclaimed, sitting up on the couch. They'd only been here maybe two weeks and I'd been to the store twice this week. I guess that's what happens when you decide to invite four teenagers over to your house. At least I can afford to do this, though. Buying groceries so often, I mean. "I'll go to the store." I announced, standing up from my spot that I sat at the couch. Cee quickly slammed the fridge door shut and turned to face me from where she stood behind the kitchen counter, a smile on her face. "Really?" She grinned, to which I nodded. "Yep. That's what I said." I confirmed, raising a brow at her.

When I turned around to head to my room so I could put on my shoes and grab my car keys, Cee spoke up from behind me. "Make sure you take Ria!" She called after me, causing me to freeze and turn back around. "What? Why do I have to do that?" I asked, letting out a heavy sigh. She pouted. "She knows all my favorite foods. Besides, she's my best friend and I know you two still don't get along, but I at least want you to try. Maybe this is a chance to get to know her better?" She suggested hopefully, her big blue eyes pleading. Another sigh left me. "Okay, I'll take her along." I agreed, shaking my head softly as I turned back around.

It wasn't that I didn't like Asteria, despite what Cee seemed to still think. I had no problem with her, not anymore. Things had changed. If I'm being honest, now I probably liked Star a little too much. That was why I'd been trying to keep my distance from her, not wanting to get too close. She was still my little sister's best friend, and I knew Cee wanted us to get along, but she definitely didn't want Star and I to be anything more than friends. There was no doubt about that.

Not only that, but I still felt a little bad about accusing Star of sleeping with Cormac just a few days ago. I shouldn't have done that. She didn't deserve that type of accusation. Realistically, Star wasn't like that and I knew it, but it had looked very bad, in my defense. I mean, I'd heard her in his room, his bed squeaking, and then she'd come out in a big top and had a secret little smile on her lips. If I'm being honest, it had really upset me, thinking that she'd be capable of going behind my little sister's back and betraying her like that. I'd been right on the verge of kicking her out of my house to find her own way home, and now I felt bad for all of that.

Sure, Asteria had become mouthier and she had an attitude towards me, but I should've known she wouldn't do something like that. Not to Cece.

I sighed to myself and ran a hand through my hair, entering my room and quickly getting dressed in something more appropriate to go to the store in. After all, I was only in a tank top and a pair of boxers at the moment. Once I was dressed, had my shoes on, and my hair was done, I headed over to Star's room and softly knocked on the bedroom door. I waited quietly for her to come and answer the door so we could leave, but I never heard any movement in the room. Not even the slightest noise came from her inside room. However, I was hoping maybe she was just taking a while to answer the bedroom door, so I waited a little while longer.

When I realized she wasn't going to be coming to answer the door, I quietly turned the doorknob and was relieved when I found that it was unlocked, letting me easily push the door open. The door opened noiselessly and I quietly slipped into the room, letting the door stand open instead of shutting in behind me. I scanned my eyes across the room until my eyes landed on her bed, where I found her sleeping beneath the covers. Her short, curvy body was curled up underneath the white blankets and her dark brown hair was sprawled across the light yellow pillow cases that were beneath her pretty head. The bangs that fell over her forehead were cutely covering her dark brows just a little bit as her cheek rested against the pillow, soft breaths leaving her. One of her small hands was on the pillow beside her while the other one was under her head as she slept. She looked so goddamn cute that it was insufferable.