16

~Asteria's POV~

Nothing really came to be of Luke and I. After that one night we'd had on the couch together, some part of me had expected things to change, but that didn't happen. It all stayed the same. He didn't act as if anything had happened between us.

To be honest, it hurt my feelings a little bit that he just went back to treating me like he always did. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything more, though. He's Cece's older brother, and we weren't allowed to be together. Still, I couldn't help feeling like a little bit of a fool. Although Luke wasn't the first one to ever touch me like that, I'd never had someone make me cum so hard, so fast. It had been a while since I'd felt that vulnerability of letting another person touch my body like that. I felt sort of at a loss here, unsure what to make of what had happened. This was the only time I'd ever been in a predicament like this. However, I eventually decided that it was likely best that I let it go. It didn't seem like there'd be anything to come of it, anyways.

Today was the first day that Luke had had off in about a week, though, and that meant he wasn't gone all day. That meant that, when I walked into the living room after my morning shower, I felt a little awkward when I saw that it was just Luke sitting on the couch. The TV played some football game that I had absolutely zero desire in watching.

Luke looked over at me as I entered the room, his blue eyes scanning over my attire slowly. I was glad I had done my makeup already, just so he couldn't see me blushing from having him looking at me. Brushing my feelings away, I raised a brow at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "Can I help you with something?" I asked, giving him attitude. He raised a brow back at me, a silent warning to check my attitude that I completely disregarded. "Someone's feeling moody." He murmured, gaining a roll of the eyes from me as I walked into the kitchen.

At first, he just watched me leave from his spot on the couch, but then I heard him get up and begin to follow me. "Are you gonna make breakfast?" He asked, a tinge of hope in his voice. I opened the fridge and raised a brow at him over my shoulder. "Not for you." I answered, grabbing the milk and pulling it out. A frown formed on his face as he watched me grab the cereal out of the pantry, having himself a little pity party. "Why not?" He whined, leaning against the island counter. "Because you're a grown twenty five year old man, Luke. I think you don't need me, an eighteen year old girl, to make you breakfast." I answered, rolling my eyes as I put the cereal and the milk on the counter.

"Well, of course I don't need you to make me breakfast, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to." He huffed, his eyes still following me as I grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet. I turned around and glared at him, setting the bowl by the cereal and the milk. "I'm not making your fucking breakfast for you. I'm not your wife or your mom or your personal chef." I snapped, causing him to stand up straight, staring at me intently.

He came walking around the edge of the island counter and I felt myself back against the counter more, peering up at him. The edge of the counter touched my lower back as he stared me in the face, placing his hands on either side of my waist. A small, fake smile formed on his full lips. "You're quite a brat when you want to be, you know." He mentioned, his eyes scanning over my face. I frowned, trying not to pay attention to the scent of brown sugar that grew stronger the closer he got to me. "Just because you're not used to girls saying no to you doesn't mean I'm a brat." I retorted, causing him to grin deviously. "That's bullshit and you know it." He chuckled, receiving a glare in return.

"Can you just leave me alone? I want to eat." I huffed, turning around and grabbing the special K cereal I'd gotten from the pantry. Not even a second later, I felt him right up against me, his chest pressing into my back.

A gasp left me as I tried to press as close into the counter as possible, goosebumps rising on my skin. "Tell me what's wrong." He demanded, acting like it was normal that he do this. My hands shook as I felt him lean down, softly burying his head into my neck and letting out a hum of content. "Honey." He murmured, causing my cheeks to flush and my heart to race. "I-I.." My brain failed to form a response as I felt his soft, full lips brush against the shell of my ear. I nearly melted into a puddle right on his kitchen floor as he smiled a little against my ear, the action almost going unnoticed if it weren't for the fact that I felt his lips quirk up. "Don't try to lie to me. I can tell something's bothering you." He said, his chest rumbling against my back as his soft voice spoke into my ear.

Suddenly, I snapped out of the trance he'd put me in and scowled. "You are bothering me!" I exclaimed in frustration.

I turned around and noticed how surprised he looked at my outburst, staring down at me with a little frown. It looked as though he was about to talk, but I never gave him the chance. "How dare you kiss me, and then tell me to forget about it? And then you...you...pull that stupid shit you did last week!" I hissed, glaring up at him with utter anger. "You're so infuriating and stupid an-and confusing! I don't know what you want from me!" I exclaimed, shoving him away from me roughly.

His blue eyes gaped down at me as I turned back around, rolling my eyes at him. I poured some of the Special K into the bowl, filling it up until I was satisfied, and then I added the milk. As I did so, I could feel him looking down at me from behind, but he didn't say anything until I went to move, lightly grabbing my by the arm.

"Wait, Star," He grumbled, sighing deeply. "I'm sorry. I know you're confused and probably pissed at me because I keep going back and forth with you. But...I can't help it. Something about you just pulls me in." He said, shaking his head. I pulled my arm out of his hold, glaring up at him. "That doesn't mean you can just go back and forth." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest. He eyed me for a second, just looking down at me with a small frown on his full lips. "You know just as well as I do that Cee wouldn't like it." He muttered, stepping away from me.

My body turned towards him, waiting for him to say something, even if I already had quite a good idea about what it was he'd say. And sure enough, he said it. "The only choice is for us to be friends, and we both know it." He said, looking down at me. I knew that was the truth, but I didn't like it.

I didn't respond to his words, just staring up at him with my brows furrowed. "Please don't look at me like that. I know you're upset with me, but I can't. I don't..." He paused, crossing his arms over his chest. "It doesn't matter, anyways. I'll leave you alone and we'll just be friends. No more kissing, no more touching." He promised, running a hand through his hair as if he was stressed out by his own words.

A few moments of silence passed before I forced myself to nod my head, pursing my lips. "Okay." I mumbled in agreement. "No more kissing, and no more touching." I agreed, grabbing my bowl and walking past him. I got a spoon from the drawer and then left the kitchen, heading into the living room to sit on the couch and eat.

Of course, Luke followed me into the living room and sat on the opposite couch, an awkward silence settling over the room. I sighed and began to eat my food, feeling glad when Luke changed the channel from the sports game and to a movie about robots. I didn't know what the movie was called or why he picked it, but it was better than watching football, or at least to me it was.

Luke looked over at me while the movie played, not paying much attention to the movie that he'd put on. I just continued to eat my cereal, refusing to look back at him. Even so, that didn't stop him. He took little glances over at me every once in a while, but he stopped altogether when Xavier came walking into the living room and plopped beside me. Instead, Luke just stared at the TV for a moment before he grabbed his phone from his pocket, looking at it for a few minutes before he got up and left down the hall, towards his room.

I couldn't help but to watch him leave.