Chapter 19

"Where are you going?" Alex snapped.

"It's lunch time" Thelma replied in a matter-of-fact tone. He nodded. She moved and then paused. She glanced at Alex over her shoulder and asked, "Aren't you going to eat?"

His broad shoulders hunched up in a carefree shrug before he matched it with his glossy eyes. He was standing beside his swivel chair, his black suit lying on his desk with other files.

"I don't think I have ever seen you eating during lunch time?" She added but it came out as a question. She turned fully to his direction, staring quirkily from where she stood.

"No," he replied jadedly.

"How about eating then later you can continue your work?" she suggested and her face beamed with a smile.

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please," she pouted, batted her lashes and gave a cute puppy dog eyes which Alex didn't glance at.

She came to the front of his desk. "Please! I promise to help you till you finish all your work".

He looked at her face, her brown eyes sparkling with her toothy smile. His face lit up and a smile etched on his face.

Thelma couldn't believe her eyes. His smile was billion times finer than his frown. He looked so cute, handsome and Everthing!! It was really an award winning smile. She leaned closer to him and smiled back. "Coming?"

"Nah—"

She cut in. "But— "

He interrupted her sharply. "I will go to repay you for the cut you had this morning," he added, another award-winning smile engraved on his features.

Thelma found it hard to believe that the Cold Alexander was effortlessly smiling at her. What had just happened was hard to digest and she couldn't hold back her baffled look.

While still standing, he flung his suit into his muscular body, stacked the files on his desk and picked his phone

"Shall we?" he gestured to the door. Thelma nodded, still dumbfounded.

They walked side by side to the elevator, got out and were at the bottom floor. Just on cue, the staffs had their eyes glued to them. Cherry winked at Thelma and Evans was smiling. Thelma was heading to the staff's cafeteria when Alex snapped, "Hey!"

"Yeah! " she spun around.

"I thought we were going to a restaurant?" he queried.

"Um..Welll....I eat here," she pointed to the cafeteria. "It's for the employees of this company".

"And what group do I belong to? Employee or employer?" he snarled and thrust his hands into his trouser pockets, his voice gravelly.

"Employer," she said with an apologetic look on her face.

"I don't eat there," he stated.

"Oh okay! We can eat somewhere else," she said in a hopeful tone and was heading to the entrance door when Alex grasped her wrist.

Everyone gasped. The place became silent. It turned out that they were a movie to the people around that floor.

"I change my mind. I want to eat there," he smirked and walked into the cafeteria his hands dugged into his pocket.

Thelma rose her brow in confusion. "What just happened?" she whispered to herself. A shriek echoed and then, a clap. Obviously Cherry! Her hand was pressed to her lips as she waved off anyone staring at her. Thelma shook her head as she chuckled. She hastened her steps to keep up with Alex's pace. They got in and sat at a table with two chairs facing each other.