Chapter 30

The next morning, Theresa and Thelma walked into the company with pride. Alex was already on his way to the elevator. From the entrance, Thelma waved to him, a big warm smile on her face. He just nodded with an emotionless face. He didn't even glance at Theresa.

"I will go get his coffee! " Thelma said and left. Theresa nodded and took large steps towards the elevator. She stood beside Alex inside the elevator.

He looked at her and pressed the button. His expression screamed "TIRED! STRESSED! " though he tried to hide it. She sighed.

"What time did you sleep? " Theresa asked imperatively.

He snorted.

"Hey! "

He shrugged and held a cold stare.

"Dude! "

His eyes softened and he replied, "I didn't sleep. Just few minutes nap "

She gasped. She placed a hand on his shoulder and shook her head.

"You don't like yourself " she said to him.

His brows knitted and he gritted his teeth.

"Don't care! " he muttered. "We have a meeting this morning. Please prepare everything. No mistakes allowed " he uttered and walked out as soon as the elevator door opened.

She hissed and walked past him. She was annoyed but she knew she couldn't argue with him. For some reason, she pitied him. She got to her office and picked a sleeping pill she had kept on her bag.

"I wasn't joking, Xander! You are gonna sleep" she said with an evil grin. "I can handle the meeting by myself beside the company will soon be mine "

She got up and peeped outside. She saw Thelma with the coffee mug filled to the top.

"Thelma! " she whispered.

"Huh? "

"Come! "

"Ok but I need to serve Mr Roger's coffee" Thelma replied.

Theresa rolled her eyes "Just come ".

Thelma walked into her office.

"What, Theresa? "

"We haven't made progress regarding retrieving our company " Theresa pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Sssh! " Thelma hushed her. "What if someone heard".

While Thelma was not watching, Theresa tossed the sleeping pill into the coffee mug.

"Sincerely, I wish we stop all this" Thelma pouted.

"That's your business! We can't back out now! Go and serve your stupid boss is coffee " she snapped and sat on her chair. Thelma nodded and slipped out of the office.

***************************

*I don't know why but I am so worried about Alex. He looks drained out of all energy* Thelma thought.

She placed the coffee mug beside him. He flashed her a small smile. She returned it.

"Are you okay sir? " she asked softly.

"I'm good " he replied with the same soft voice. He sipped his coffee and was back to his lapto, typing with speed.

"We have a very important meeting today. Make sure everything is ready" he ordered. She nodded and left his office.

***
"What's up, Thelma! " Cherry greeted.

"I'm good " she grinned. "Are all the financial account of this company ready? "