Chapter 51

"Theresa!" Thelma beamed as soon as Theresa walked into the room. "Could you help me unzip my dress?"

Theresa glared at the long purple gown Thelma had worn to the party. The image of Thelma and Alex's kiss was still fresh in her memory.

"What's wrong?" Thelma asked.

Theresa stifled ever emotions that wanted to burst out. She shook her head and replied, "Nothing!"

She helped Thelma with her dress and sat on the bed. She began to scroll through her phone. She tapped on her gallery and frowned when she spotted a picture of Alex. She groaned and rolled her eyes. She had taken that picture at the airport. She hated the fact that she let him into her heart. If only she knew this was what she would get in return.

"Theresa!" Thelma called. A radiant smile tugged her smudged glossed lip.

"What?" Theresa asked, trying to keep her voice even.

"Do you remember..." Thelma trailed off and sat beside her. "Do you remember my crush in highschool? You know, that guy that I cried about when he left our school? The one I wanted to have my first kiss with?"

Theresa cocked a brow at her.

"Have you forgotten?" Thelma exclaimed and placed her hand on Theresa's shoulder.

"I haven't!"

"Well...Well...You know I told you I really liked him and I wanted that specific guy to be my first kiss. I also wanted him to be my boyfriend!" she faltered.

"Thelma, what are you trying to say?"

"Alex is that specific guy! I didn't tell you but he is"

"What?" Theresa's brows shot up.

"Alex kissed me. He asked me to be his girlfriend!" Thelma screamed and hopped around the room. "My dream guy finally noticed me!"

"Wh..wh...what? He asked you to be his girlfriend?" Theresa stuttered in disbelief.

Thelma's face became serious and she glared at Theresa. "I want us to stop this whole revenge! Two wrongs can never make a right. I love Alex and I want to be with him. Tomorrow, I will tell him everything. Every single thing! This revenge is over!"

"You can't do this, Thelma. We have been working on this plan for years. Alex's father is the cause of our mother's death. We must revenge our mother. You can't do this" Theresa thundered through gritted teeth. She narrowed her eyes at Thelma and clenched her fists.

"You can't control my life, Theresa! No matter what you or dad says, I am not going to continue this plan"

"Okay!" Theresa breathed. Her teeth gnashed together. "Fine! We won't do the revenge again"

"Really?" Thelma stressed, sending a sidelong glance. She studied Theresa's expression suspiciously.

"Yes! Just wait! We will confess to Alex together. I also think we should end it" Theresa explained in a calmer tone.

"Seriously?"

"Yes!"

"I hope you aren't lying!"

"I'm not!"

"Hmm...okay! I'll believe you" she smiled. "I need to shower!"

"Alright!" Theresa nodded and watched her leave the room.

I am sorry, Thelma but I am not going to stop! I have always wanted to avenge my mother's death. No one can understand what I went through. I never got to see my mother. I have wept billion times because of that. Mr Roger snatched our father's company. He rendered our father unemployed. He had also snatched all our father's money. That's why he couldn't pay for the surgery my mother needed at that point. I just want to make my mother happy. She needs to know her daughter will always fight for her. The word 'love' cannot stop me! No! No! It can't stop me.