Chapter 49

Hey my lovely readers,

As you read, please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Just one would be enough. I would love to know your idea and thoughts on my book. Thanks in anticipation. 😘😘

*******

"Thank you sir! Thank you so much!" the old woman gushed. She clasped Don's hands in hers.

Theresa and Don had got to the orphanage. Everyone was thrilled to welcome them. The children gathered together and sang a song to show their appreciation. They were all thankful for Don's donation.

Don smiled, "You're welcome".

He glanced at Theresa who sent a cheeky smile to the children.

"Theresa!" he called.

"Yes!"

A small smile played on his face as he gazed at her. Theresa cocked a brow at him.

"What? Why are you smiling like that?"

"You look..." he trailed off. "Never mind".

She nodded and looked back at the children. A little girl walked up to them. She clasped her hands at her back and blushed.

"Can I hug you?" she asked Don with her sweet squeaky voice.

Don glanced at Theresa who chuckled and shrugged.

"Okay!" he fell to his knees. The little girl wrapped her hands on his neck and pecked his cheek.

"Thank you sir!" she beamed.

"Awwn!" Theresa pouted.

"Can I hug you too?" the little girl giggled.

"Yes please!" Theresa fell to her knees and hugged the little girl. She placed a kiss on her dark curls and smiled at her. "You are such a cutie!"

"Thank you ma'am" the little girl waved and ran to her friends.

Theresa gasped when she noticed Don's cheeks were tinted red.

"Well! Well! Well! Is Don Smith blushing?" she teased.

"I didn't know children could be this sweet!" he replied still staring at the children.

"Yeah! They're nice"

"I want to be a father!" he exclaimed.

Her eyes widened and she smiled. "That's a nice idea!"

"What about you?"

"Duh! I want to be a mother. I am pretty sure my child would be as good looking as I am"

"Would you like to be my wife?" he blurted.

She snapped her head to him and he smiled expectantly.

"Frankly..."

He cuts in, "I think I know the answer. Don't worry. I'll win your heart. I promise you that".

"Then, why did you ask?" she hissed.

"Mr Smith!" the old woman called. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure!" he winked at Theresa and swagged to the woman's direction.

"Hi!" a teenage girl beamed. She looked like she was around thirteen years. "My name is Sofia. May I ask you a question?"

Theresa nodded and smiled.

"Is Mr Smith your husband?"

Theresa choked in her saliva. She coughed and waved her hands. "No! Who told you that?"