Chapter 64

"Alex," Theresa voiced.

"Yeah?"

"Why do you like to be silent while driving?" she huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"To avoid distraction"

"So? Can't you just talk? I thought you would take me to a nearby restaurant for our date but you didn't. We have been on the road for an hour now"

"Stop talking you are distracting me"

"Come on! Just talk to me"

"I'm talking"

"You...Oh, yeah!" she chuckled. "Let's get to know each other!"

He smirked and said, "Someone seems interested in me".

"Hey, I'm sure you are the one interested in me," she teased and flailed her arms in the air.

"That....Um...I'm not the one interested...You know what..." he paused and glanced at her. "Let's talk about something else. Like... Um...Your highschool."

"My highschool?"

"Yes! How was it?"

"Good! I enjoyed every moment I spent there"

"How?"

"Well, I was a popular, hot, party girl," she shrugged. "That's how I made my high school interesting for me".

"Hmm..." he rubbed his chin as if in a deep thought. He chuckled and added, "Let me guess...Thelma was the nerd one"

"Not really...um...Yes!...Yeah! She was the nerd one," Theresa replied. She sat upright and said, "But when we got to college, she read more of novels. She didn't like the course we were studying. I was the one who became a nerd".

Up went Alex's brows. "Nerd? You?"

Theresa chuckled and bobbed her head. "I always had a dream of being a successful business woman. I want to have a company that will be the best".

"That's nice" Alex smirked. "So you were a nerd girl!"

"No! I was a party girl during the day and a nerd during the night"

"How did you pull that off?"

"Theresa will always be Theresa!" she said in a singsong voice and laughed.

Alex let out a boisterous laughter and exclaimed, "True! Theresa will always be Theresa. I've let to accept that"

"What do you mean by that?" she cocked her brow and sent a suspicious glance at him while still smiling.

"Do you think it's easy to tolerate your crazy ways?" he taunted and chuckled.

Theresa narrowed her eyes at him and folded her arms over her chest. "I'm not crazy. I'm a normal human being"

"I won't use the word normal" he sniggered.

"Alexander Roger, are you incredibly calling me abnormal?" she gasped dramatically and squinted her eyes.

"What do you think?" he smirked with his eyes on the road. He handled the steering wheels effortlessly. Silence floated between them for a moment before he said, "I...I was kinda...like..um...a dork in school. I was a boring guy"

"You are still a boring guy" she mumbled and chortled.

"What did you say?"

"I'm sure you heard me," she sent a mischievous smirk at him. Her brown hair fell to her eyes and she swept it behind her ears. When she glanced back at him, his eyes were on her. "What?"