Chapter 46

"Seriously, Theresa! Have you met Mr Smith before or was it in this trip that you met him?" Thelma asked as she pulled Theresa towards the basketball court.

Theresa pursed her lips. She was contemplating if she should say the truth or not.

"The truth is that..." Theresa was interrupted when a voice called her name.

"Theresa! Theresa! I have been waiting for you," Kelvin beamed. He moved to her and smiled. "Why didn't you wake up early today?"

"I wasn't feeling well"

"Really? What happened?" Thelma exclaimed and placed her palm on Theresa's forehead.

"Nothing! I am better now!" Theresa replied and took the basketball in Kevin's hand. "What do you have for me, teacher?" she teased and winked.

"Alex challenged me to a game. I want you in my team" he replied and simpered.

"Let's kick some butts" Theresa shrieked.

They got to the basketball court. Alex accepted Don in his team while Theresa was in Kelvin's team. There were only two players in each team. Oscar, Thelma, Carolina and Ursula didn't know much about basketball and decided to be spectators.

The game started. Alex and Don aimed at Theresa. She was their target. They could easily use their skills and height to intimidate her.

"Aargh! What is wrong with you guys? Stop taking the ball from me!" Theresa yelled in frustration. Anytime she made attempts to toss the ball through the basketball hoop, Don or Alex would slam the ball out of her grip. She had many failed trials and her team was losing. Kelvin scored a lot but Alex's team was playing excellently.

Alex laughed and quipped, "Maybe you should just quit playing. Try growing taller too"

"Haha! Very funny" she hissed.

"The truth hurts, right? We are winning and you are losing" Alex taunted.

Theresa rolled her eyes. Kelvin tossed the ball to her. She quickly ran to the basketball hoop. As she made effort to toss it through the hoop, Don slammed it out of her grip effortlessly.

Theresa bit her lip to swallow her frustrated scream. She watched as Don jogged to the other hoop and threw the ball through it.

"Yes!" he thrust his fist in the air.

"How dare you? This is not fair! Is it because you are taller than me? You guys are cheating" Theresa yelled.

She folded her arms and glared at the goofy smiles on their faces.

"Don!" she called his name.

"Yes!" he smirked.

She smiled innocently, "Could you pass the ball to me? I just want to score once".

Alex rolled his eyes and chortled, "That's not going happen".

Don cleared his throat and Alex snapped his head at him. "Are you going to give her? You can't do that," Alex yelled.

Don shrugged and tossed the ball to Theresa, "Score! We won't bother you".

Alex's eyes widened. He watched as Theresa hopped and threw the ball through the hoop.

"How could you do that?" Alex roasted at Don.

Don narrowed his eyes at him. "Cos I can do whatever I want" he replied in a thirsty voice.

Don jogged to Theresa and smiled at her. "Do you like me now?"

"Nope!" Theresa gave a sister smile. Her eyes caught Alex staring at her intently. She cocked a brow at him. His gaze went to Don and she noticed Alex's suspicious look.