Chapter 40

***
Hey, how are you doing?
I hope you are staying safe?
Pls could you show me some love and comment more. I would like to know what you think of this chapter!!

LOVE YOU 😍😘
****

"Why should we split?" Kelvin whined.

Theresa glared at him, "Because that's a more effective technique".

"Now go! Your group is leaving" Alex added.

Alex had made a decision. They were to inspect the land by walking around. The land was large so they decided to split into two groups. Each had to handle the area they were assigned.

Kelvin, Caroline, Oscar and Ursula were in one group and Alex, Don, Thelma and Theresa were in the other.

"Fine! Bye! I hope you don't get lost" he teased, laughed a little and jogged to his team.

"Shall we?" Alex asked.

"Shall we do what?" Thelma quizzed.

"We... " Theresa cuts in.

"We have a task here. Why should you ask such a question? Stay focus, Thelma" Theresa scolded.

Alex cocked an eyebrow at her. "What?" Theresa questioned with an imperious tone.

"I didn't ask anything," Alex replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"But your face?"

"My face did nothing," he smirked and got back to his serious mood. He thrust his hands in his pocket. A short man was amidst them. He was to show them around.

"Shall we go, Ben?" Don asked the short man.

"Trust me, you won't regret the fact that you bought this land" he stated. "It is of the best. The soil is fertile as well".

Alex nodded. Thelma walked to his side. She began to walk at his pace. She held a notebook and a pen, jotting the necessary information.

"I bought this land with you on my mind" Don whispered to Theresa.

"And why would you?"

"I thought since you loved your job that you would be happy to see it develop" he replied.

"Well... "

*He is right. If the company grows, I will be the one to enjoy it when I take over the company. I should put a lot of effort in this project. It would bring money for me*

Theresa nodded, "Well done!"

"Do you like it?" his voice came out soft with hidden emotions.

"Why do you care if I do?"

"I... " he chuckled. "It is obvious that I care about my wildcat".

"Why do you call me wildcat?"

"Cos you are the first girl to stand against me" he smirked. "That was wild. You could have lost your life".

"You should stop killing" Theresa said brusquely.

"Will you like me if I do?"

"Why do you act different around me? What happened to the merciless Mafia?" Theresa tucked the loose strand of hair that fell to her face.

"I should ask you what you did to me?" he winked.

"What I did to you? What did... "

"Walk faster! And Theresa, are you even listening to Ben?" Alex's voice barged into their conversation.