Chapter 63

Thelma drooped on the wine colored couch in Oscar's living room. She smiled at the bowl of potato chips and picked one of it. She placed it in her mouth and chewed it.

"Hmm...So good!" she moaned.

"Really?" Kelvin exclaimed and thrust his hand into the bowl and stole a handful of the chips.

"Hey! That's mine!"

He chuckled and placed a chip in his mouth. "I am happy that you dating Oscar!"

"Oh!" Thelma glanced at the bowl and blushed. "He is a nice guy".

"I know! I still don't understand why you had to break his heart million of times before you could accept him," he scoffed and cocked a brow at her.

"It wasn't intentional, Kelvin. I...I...I had feeling for someone else!"

"That couldn't reciprocate it!" he added.

Thelma frowned and grumbled, "You are so annoying!"

"I'm just saying the truth!" he laughed and nudged her with his elbow.

"But...um...I think I know why Alex couldn't like me," Thelma whispered and looked at Kelvin. "He likes someone else and I think I have a clue who that person is".

"Theresa!" Kelvin drawled and stared at her with his glazing eyes. "It's obvious!"

"No, it is not!"

"When it comes to this kind of things, Thelma, you are naturally blind. You couldn't even tell that Oscar has feelings for you!" Kelvin said. "Besides, I've seen Alex and Theresa kiss".

"Kelvin!" Thelma exclaimed and sat upright. "What's wrong with you. Stop lying".

"I'm not lying. Alex and Theresa have kissed"

"When?"

"That was before the vacation we had in Florida"

"Gosh! Kelvin, I know you are lying. Theresa and Alex weren't even friends then" Thelma snapped.

"They might not be friends then but they were attracted to each other. That's a fact" he stated and shrugged.

"Did you really see them kiss?" Thelma inquired. Her eyes were round as she stared in disbelief.

"Yeah!" he replied. "Do you remember our trip to Florida?"

"Yes!"

He leaned closer to her and whispered, "One morning, I saw Theresa sneaking out of Alex's room".

The bowl of chips slipped from Thelma's hand and fell to the ground. The chips scattered on the rug but Thelma was too shocked to care. She rose a brow and asked, "What was she doing there?"

"I don't know!"

"Kelvin, I hope you are not lying to me?"

"You can ask Theresa yourself!" he gave a half-shrug and smirked. "I guess Alex fell for Theresa and not you. It was confirmed at Don's funeral. He was troubled seeing Theresa cry. Didn't you notice that?"

Thelma sat still and stared at the plasma TV hung on the wall. She dragged her gaze to Kelvin. "That means there is a chance Theresa likes Alex"

"You mean to say love, right?"

"Kelvin, why do you like to talk?" Thelma sneered. "Theresa does not love Alex".

"You don't know what is in her heart!"

"She is my twin!"

"So?" he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever! If Theresa loves Alex,...I...I'll...um...I'll be happy for her. And if Alex loves her too,...I...I'll be happy too"