Chapter 52

Theresa had done it. She had done her revenge. Her father was proud and her mother was at peace. But she never thought that a month after, she would be racing down a forest. Her life was in danger.

Theresa ran, barefooted. Twigs pierced her and stones scraped her feet.

"Theresa!" a familiar voice called. Alex ran up to her and grasped her wrist.

"His men are everywhere! This place is dangerous. We need to go back to the road" he said and pulled her.

"But they have guns! They could shoot us. Let's just run"

"No!" he replied.

"Stop right there!" a raspy voice yelled.

Theresa stopped. She knew that it won't end well. A cold metal was pressed at the side of her head. She glanced at the gun and then her gaze fell on the man who smirked.

"Come with me or else you die!" he placed his hand on Theresa's neck and pulled her to a different direction. "Let's go!" He snapped at Alex. "Or do you want her to die? I could shoot her now!"

Alex froze. His eyes darted to the gun and he followed with a scowl on his face.

They got to a corner and found the ringleader of the gang punching Don.

"Monster! You killed my mother and sister!" the brown- haired man who was the ringleader yelled. He punched Don at the jaw. "You killed my girlfriend and my friends!" he threw another hard punch.

"Sir, we caught them!" the man who had a gun facing Theresa announced.

"Good!" the leader crooked. He pulled Don by the collar of his shirt. Don was bleeding profusely. His eyes and lip were swollen. "Do you know this woman?"

Don gnashed his teeth. "Leave them alone. It's me you want!"

"No! I want to kill the people you care about. That's exactly what you did to me last year. Don't you remember, Mafia?" he snarled.

Alex's brows went up. He sent a questioning look at Theresa and she shrugged.

"Who should I kill first. I need to take my revenge!" the leader chuckled.

"Spare our lives. I will give you any amount of money you ask for!" Alex said in a serious tone.

"I don't need money. I need revenge!"

"I know what you mean!" Theresa spoke up. "You can take your revenge another way. Just release us. We will give you money. A lot of it!"

The gangsters smirked. They found it tempting. However, their leader was determined. He pulled his gun and placed it on Don's chest.

"He killed the people I loved the most. He killed them just because I made a mistake. How would I have known that his enemy used me to track him down?" he spat. "Don must die today!"

Theresa's eyes widened. "Please! Please! Calm down! We can talk this through!"

"Or..." the leader took another gun from his men and placed it on Theresa's forehead. "I kill you!"

"No!" Alex and Don chorused.

He smirked when he saw their reaction. "Don, is she dear to you?" he sniggered.

"You can kill me but leave her alone!"

"Fine! I will just kill both of you!"

"No! Just kill me. I am the one you want!"

"Maybe you are right!" the leader lowered his gun and smiled at Don. "I will just kill you..."

"No!" Theresa cried.