Chapter 44

"I am getting a doctor whether you like it or not" Theresa snarled.

"I don't want a doctor" Alex hissed. Theresa was still holding the neck of his shirt. He placed his hand on her hand and tried to pull it away from his shirt.

"What if you are really ill, don't you think it is proper to have a checkup?" she roared.

"Theresa, I think you have done enough. Leave my room. I can take care of myself" he yelled.

"Why do you hate doctors?"

He became silent. "I hate any thing that has to do with syringes," he said with a low voice.

Theresa giggled, "Okay! I understand!"

"Don't laugh!"

"I have to" she burst out laughing.

"I don't need a doctor"

"I will call one. Sorry but you can't stop me. I promise there will be no syringes," she laughed.

Her eyes were misty and crinkled as she laughed. "I didn't know that the great Xander could be scared".

"I am not scared"

"Pfft! You are!" she scoffed. She freed his shirt and stood up. She walked into the bathroom to return the bowl and towel. She got back and sat beside him.

"Scared Xander!" she teased.

He inhaled and shook his head.

"I said I am not sacred of it.I just don't like it"

Theresa laughed harder. She poked his chest and repeatedly chanted, "Xander is a scaredycat!"

"Stop!" he said and leaned on his pillow with his arms crossed.

"Why should I?"

"If you poke me, I will bite that finger"

"I dare you!" she said and poked his chest. Swiftly, he gripped her finger and pulled it to his open mouth.

"Stop! Xander, stop!" she whispered. She didn't want to scream. It was still late in the night.

A smirk was on his face as he pulled her finger to his mouth.

"If you bite me, I will bite you" she whisper-yelled.

A mischievous smile slipped into Alex's lips and he placed his teeth between her fingers.

Theresa glared at me, "Just try it! You will see what I am capable of".

He removed his teeth and smiled. "If I bite you, what can you do?"

"My slap would work magic"

His eyes flickered in amusement. "You can't slap me!"

"You might not be well but I will still slap"

A soft laughter escaped his lungs. "I dare you," he smirked.

"Bite me and I will slap you" she tries to jerk her finger out of his grip but she couldn't.

"I won't bite you" he freed her finger. "I am actually sleepy. But if you dare me tomorrow, I will bite you".

"Are you an animal?" she taunted.

He yawned and stretched. "Nope but I think you are"

She flicked his head. He whined, "Ouch!"

"You deserve that! Time to sleep".

He lay down and pulled the duvet above him.

"Goodnight!" Theresa whispered.

She decided to wait till he was fast asleep before she would leave. Theresa couldn't believe how peaceful he could look in his sleep. Her fingers ran through his hair, detangling the strands.