8.

I was standing out in the parking lot next to my Volvo looking for Violet

I was standing out in the parking lot next to my Volvo looking for Violet. Making sure she got to school safely, but she never showed up.

Then again, no show in Biology.

Once again, no show at lunch.

I worried about her. I just want to know she is safe. That's all I want , her safe. Just because we can't be together doesn't mean I don't care, I just wish I could hear her damn thoughts! I slam my food down at lunch.

"Woah man, are you alright?" Emmett wondering putting his hand on my shoulder. "He's worried about Violet, she didn't show up for school today." Jasper comments on the subject.

Running my hands through my hair , "Ugh. I'm sorry guys but this is infuriating me. She's everything to me , I just want her safe. I gotta keep an eye out on her."

"He's in love! Finally. It's so sweet!" Alice chirps with glee only knowing he still hasn't changed his mind despite what she has seen.

"If only he wasn't so darn stubborn, we wouldn't have to listen to his rantings about human girl" Rosalie rolled her eyes, simply fearing for her family's safety , if Violet and Edward were to end up together. "Don't you have a project to do Rose? I mean if it bothers you so much, don't sit with us." I snapped at her my eyes turning black.

"I just do not get it. You say you love the girl, yet refuse to talk to her let alone be around her. Just make up your mind!" She growls back at me, proceeding to stand up to head to class. I just don't know what to do , it's killing me. Do I accept that she's my mate and accept whatever consequences I get , or protect away from my world. From me and what I am. A killer.

" FINE" I slam my hand down just as the bell rings for next class. "I- I will talk to her okay. But I will continue protecting her away from this." I say motioning all of us and head to class.

I didn't see her for a week. She was gone for a week.

Eric POV

I go to sit down waiting for Violet to come sit,but she never does. In fact I haven't seen her at all.
"Hey guys have y'all seen Vi anywhere?" Confronting Angela and Jessica. "No Eric , I haven't seen her as well" Angela replies chewing down on an apple.

"Shes probably off somewhere slutting it up" Jessica says with such disgust in her voice.
"Jessica not the time for your shit okay? Not her fault you like a dude you can't have." I reply with anger. No one gets to talk about her like that. I've only known her for a day, but she's my friend and she did nothing wrong.

"Don't tell me you're actually friends with her? She's a nobody, who thinks they can just waltz in here talking smack about other people." Is she really that stupid?

Angela speaks up after finishing her apple, "Jess. She's new, she was going off an in counter she had with him. And what I've heard, he was pretty rude to her. So back off"

"You guys are hopeless. You're taking her side over me!? We've been best friends for years, and new girl comes to town and everyone loses their mind." Raising her voice , gathering her things and walking away.

I couldn't care less. Jess is nothing but a brat with a stick too far up her ass. Violet was a good person I could tell.