24.

Edwards POV

I put Violet to sleep so she can the rest she needs. I close the door behind me and sigh, soon punching the wall by Rosalie and Emmett's room. Carlisle pops up from the hall, "son. Stop." Then walks to his office with me following him.

I followed Carlisle into his office and saw my family sitting down surrounding his desk. All with confused and worried looks on their faces, I sat between Esme and Alice. "Esme, could you please call Charlie to say Violet is staying over with Alice and Rosalie?" I asked my mother in a low voice. She simply smiled at me placing her hand on my shoulder and walking out the room.

Esme's POV
Edward asked me to call Charlie so I walked out the room and grabbed my cell phone from the kitchen and called him up.

Charlie: Hello?
Esme: Hi Charlie, it's Esme Cullen.
Charlie: Oh evening. What do you need? Is Violet okay?
Esme:*laughs* Oh shes perfectly fine. I was just calling to ask if it would be okay if Violet stayed the night? My girls and her have grown so close and where asking for her to stay.
Charlie: Yes that's perfectly fine. Just let her know she needs to check in with me tomorrow morning and that she needs to take her medicine.
Esme: No problem. I will sure let her know, have a good evening.
Charlie: You too.

~End Of Phone Call~

Edwards POV

I was sitting with my siblings and Carlisle while Esme had went to call Charlie. They were all discussing what needs to be done about not only James but the Volturi. They are big threats to Violet right now. How could I have let it get this far? My darling Violet, my mate. The reason for my existence, the reason I am able to be sane in this world. She's so precious and fragile in my world, I can't even imagine what would happen if anything happened to her. I know I will do all in my power to protect her. I love her. More than anything in the world.

I got pulled out of my thoughts from the sound of the door opening, I jerked my around and saw it was just Esme. I didn't want Violet to come in here during this, she needs all the rest she can get. She's been through so much with everything.

"What are we gonna do about James?" Esme spoke up with worry. Her motherly instincts are kicking in a lot more now that Violet is in the picture, she sees her as her own. Everyone views her as family, we just want her safe. "He isn't too much to worry about, we need to worry about the Volturi." Carlisle responds to Esme as he walks around his desk and pulls out a file of papers.

"Living with them for the few decades I did I've learned a lot about them. Not only do they have no respect for human life, they will do anything to gain weapons or ones with gifts to join them. Very forceful." Carlisle rambled on putting his face in his hands.

"A protection detail? What is she to me?" Rosalie spoke with venom. I shot a glare at her and growled resulting in Esme yelling at us. "You two stop! Rose, Violet is Edwards mate she is family now. We protect family. And Edward, you be nice. I'm tired of you two at each other's throats." Esme huffed and crosses her arms. I knew later we were gonna get more lecturing from her about us always arguing when it came to Violet. I wish Rosalie would truly understand.. but in her eyes she's just a human that will put us in danger.

"Violet has abilities that make her very powerful. The chances that we actually have came into contact with her kind, let alone one of us being mates with one is a miracle." Jasper Spoke up since he is the most versed in the HopeLess Ones. "They aren't going to stop." Alice said stuttering with fear of what could happen to her new sister.

"Then we won't stop protecting her." Carlisle returned to Alice, however Emmett had to say something lightening quick right after. "She can protect herself too. She's powerful and none of us even know to what degree yet. She's strong! She pushed me away from Edward without even touching me!"

Which caused Jasper to snap, I think he has more of a personal connection to the Hopeless Ones. His gift does deal with emotions, and emotions play a big part in Violets kind. "Doesn't mean we leave her to defend herself! She is still fragile. She is special, but she needs more training! Violet has to discover her true self. We will be by her side. We will protect her dammit!" He slammed his fists on Carlisles desk. We all sat there shocked, we had never seen Jasper lash out like this before, he was still struggling being around humans.. but Violet was different. He cared about her like he was going to burst. We all did.

"I-I didn't mean it like that Jas." Emmett said putting his hand on his shoulder. Jasper turned around and looked at him with a look of hatred but it soon softened. "I'm sorry. I just. I don't want to see her get hurt." He said sitting back down and Alice took his hand and started saying calm sweet words to him.

"So what do we do?" Rosalie asks everyone. We all kind of looked at each other till Carlisle sighed then spoke, "She will continue training. We will prepare for anything that could happen. No one let her out of your sight." And with that he left the room Esme following him.

Rosalie POV
After the conversation about protecting Violet everyone went into their own rooms to calm down a bit and brainstorm plans. I just can't wrap my head around why we have to protect her, she's human. And humans put us at risk, her knowing about us being us at risk. I will always put my family first, but I know I will soon have to accept that she is Edwards mate and is family.