18.

I finally made the decision to forgive Edward

Not because I wanted too but, because it is the right thing to do.

I thought about what Emmett had said to me and I figured it would do both Edward and I good if I talked to me. Forgive, but never forget. The words Charlie used to tell me all the time. So I shall embark on this journey in hopes that Edward pulls his head out of his ass.

The following morning, the snow had built up even more and I won't even be able to drive my truck. So I made the decision to just walk, I called Emmett and asked him where he lives and he insisted on picking me up but I told him walking will help me think.

About what would've been a thirty minute drive, a two hour walk later I had arrived at the Cullens. I see Emmett standing outside his front door holding a blanket and ready coffee for me.

"God Violet. I should've just went to pick you up." He said putting the blanket over me and handing me the coffee.

While shivering I managed to spit out, "n-no it's fine. Walking helps me th-think."
He just shook his head at me and lead me inside.

Their house was absolutely outstanding. So open and light filled, in the middle of the woods, it's perfect.
"Your house is so nice." Taking a sip of my coffee and looking at the many paintings hanging on the walls.
"It's the only place we don't have to hide and we can be ourselves." Emmett says guiding me to the living room where Carlisle and Esme were sitting.

"Well I wasn't aware we were having visitors" Carlisle says giving Emmett a cold hard look.
"I'm sorry if I'm intruding. But I really need to talk to Edward." I say looking down sitting on the singular chair by the window. Esme eyes me up and down with a puzzling look making me a bit insecure.

She finally speaks up, "Honey? Did you walk here."
I've warmed up a bit but still shivering, "y-yes. I couldn't drive my truck and walking helps me think." Pulling the blanket more around me. Realizing this must be Edwards blanket cause his specific sent is covered on it.

Esme immediately walks over to me, pulling me from the chair gently. "Lets go get you some clothes, ones that aren't wet and warmer."
Emmett looks at his mother and says, "I tried to tell her not to walk in the snow. It took her two hours to get here.." he started trailing off on the last bit ready to receive a lecture from his parents.

"Emmett McCarty Cullen. You should know better than to let your friends, especially a lady to walk in the snow alone." Carlisle says eyeing him down coldly.
"Oh please don't fuss over me.. it's no big deal. I promise" I speak up smiling slightly.