21.

I stormed my way upstairs and decided to sit on the balcony

I stormed my way upstairs and decided to sit on the balcony. I'm sure what I feel right now, hurt? Betrayed? Words can't even describe my emotions right now after hearing that. I'm a hopeless one? What does that even mean? I heard everything they said and what it is.. but still. I've never heard of them before and all the sudden I am one?

I got pulled out of my thoughts as my phone rang and saw it was Charlie. I answered it.

"Hello?"
"Hey Violet, just wanted to check in and see where you're at? Your truck is here but not you."
"Oh. I'm at Edwards dad. Just decided to hangout."
"Well. That's okay, just please be safe. The snow is supposed to get heavier tonight."
"Okay I will dad. Love you."
"Love you too."

I put my phone down beside me and let out a huff. I wrapped Edwards blanket around me and let my feet hang off the balcony. Just taking in the winter breeze and subtle snowflakes hitting my face.

Feeling then breeze and seeing the little winter animals running around I feel at ease, peace. Like nothing or no one could touch me. I got pulled from my thoughts when I hear someone behind me. I turn around and see Jasper.

"Jasper?" I scoot over so he could sit next to me, "Hey Violet. You okay?" I look at him confused. "I thought you could feel emotions" I said rolling my eyes. "I can. Just not you" he paused for a second before looking forward, "not now anyway." I play with the hem of my shirt looking down, "what do you mean?"

Jasper lets out a deep sigh, "I don't know Vi, I've been able to up until now. Even Alice can't see your future anymore." My eyes go wide and look in his direction. "What the hell am I.." I said lowly. He looks back at me with sad eyes, "A hopeless one. You're a protector Violet."

I start shivering from being in the cold and Jasper motions us inside to sit down. I pull my legs up to my chest with a the blanket still wrapped around me and Jasper starts chuckling. "What's so funny?"

Still laughing he manages to get out, "you gotta stop going out in the cold Violet. You know you get cold easily."
"I-I know. But I enjoy being out in nature. It's peaceful to me ya know?" I say chuckling a little bit.

"I understand that. But you gotta make sure you're in proper attire Vi."
"You're right. You're right. But.. Jasper, what do you mean I'm a protector?"
"It's a hard concept, and not much is written on what you are, your kind is very rare. But you are around to keep humanity and nature in balance. You defend the ones you love, you defend everyone even yourself. You have a lot to give, that's why Edward and yours connection is so strong." He continues a bit trailing off.

"Oh. I mean.. that's describes me almost to a T. But , me? A protector? That's crazy, i can't even grasp that concept. I truly don't understand it, and Edward.. I'm in love with him, ever since I met him and I don't understand how I could be so in love with someone but I am." Spewing out my thoughts to Jasper.

"Violet, trust me I understand. It's a lot. It just takes time to get used too. Also, it's because he's your mate. Vampires have a thing called,"mates", and it's the one you are meant to be with. Your soulmate. The Hopeless ones have the exact same thing. You are his, and he is yours." I just take it in all the information nodding my head.

"Okay.."
"You have give Carlisle a break okay?" I look at him with confused wide eyes. He continues on, "H-he thinks of you as family now, we all do. Edward chose to be with you, and we protect family. He is just wanting the best for you and safety. That's all we want, he had no ill intentions." Jasper says with pleading eyes.

"I just felt betrayed. Jacob already betrayed me, and you guys are the only family I have other than Charlie. Since you guys met me you've been so welcoming and caring. I don't appreciate things being withheld from me, especially when I have a right to know." I start letting out my feelings, putting my guard down.

Jasper smiles, "I can feel your emotions now." I smile back at him and he continues, "I understand Violet. But you gotta trust all of us, we just want you safe. We love you okay?" I nod at him and get up and hug him. "Now let Edward in. Let us all in. Don't run away okay? Be brave, strong, like I know you are. Let's go back in the living room."

I nods at him and we walk back to the living room. I see everyone in the same spots talking lowly. I go and sit next to Edward and look at him. "I-I love you Edward." He smiles the biggest smile I've seen and pulls me to him kissing my forehead. "I love you too Violet."

Carlisle speaks up, "I'm sorry if I upset you Violet. That was not my intentions." I nod at him, "I know Carlisle. Jasper explained, I'm trying to control my emotions. I accept your apology." He smiles at me, "thank you Violet."

I sit in my thoughts and just appreciate the wonderful family I have gained in such a short amount of time. They all love me and think of me as their own despite me being human. I couldn't have wished for better people in my life.

I get pulled from my thoughts when Alice speaks up, "So what's the game plan? What do we do now? What if people find out about Violet?" Alice says slowly and with clear worry.

"Now that she is with Edward,her life is in danger. We can't risk the Volturi or anyone finding out. We just have to make sure she is always safe. She needs to train. With Jasper she will will learn to control her emotions and use them, with Emmett she will learn her strength and train. Rosalie she will learn nature and how to use her best to keep things in balance, etc. The me and Esme will work with her on research about her kind. Alice and Edward, you are to protect her at all costs. We all will." Carlisle said explaining everyones duty and what will start to happen.

I decide to speak up, "I can't ask everyone to protect me. You all have to feed and look out on yourselves as well. And plus, I can handle myself. I can train and research by myself." Edward looks at me crazy, "no Violet. I love you I'm not losing you. You're family, we protect family. You can only do so much, we are helping and you're unstable right now."

I sigh and go to speak but close my mouth. I simply nod at him and look around the room seeing everyone nodding with me, even Rosalie. I close my eyes and listen to everyone talk around me discussing.. well me.

"We have to be on watch at all times. We can not lose sight of anything. Violet is a priority. Feeding is too." Esme says putting my sketches away in the book shelf.

As soon as Esme put my sketches away Alice gasps and her eyes go wide. Jasper pulls her too her but Alice goes stiff and after 2 minutes she snaps out of it.

"What did you see Alice?" Jasper asks her as Alice tries to catch her breath.
"I saw.. the V-Volturi. They've found out. Someone told them. They know Violet and what she is. They plan to meet her." Edwards eyes go wide and pulls me close him,"I'll be dammed that they come anywhere near you."

Carlisle puts his head in his hands and Emmett punches a wall. Everyone is distraught, about me. About the Volturi. Could my dream come true? I can't even imagine losing Edward, or any of them. Especially because of me. I'm nothing, they're the special ones.

"We need to start training and researching fast. This can end terribly." Carlisle says leaving the room. Everyone soon follows leaving Edward and I by ourselves. I feel a tear drop down my face. I feel Edward gently lift my chin up kissing my tear away.

"Hey.. I'm not gonna let them hurt you okay? You are my everything.. my reason for existence. I will protect you.." he says before kissing me softly. I look deep into his eyes and smile. "I love you Edward Cullen. But I'm the protector, it's my duty to protect the ones I love.. it'll take training and hard hours.. but I will protect you till I die. I will protect you all."

Edward smiles and chuckles, "I love you too Violet Swan."