32.

Edward and I locked eyes but I instantly went to the balcony upstairs

Edward and I locked eyes but I instantly went to the balcony upstairs. I needed to sit by myself for a second to analyze everything that just happened. I don't mean to lash out like that, but I just can't help myself sometimes. It's like I'm not in control of my own reactions.

Looking out into the snowing forest I see a family of rabbits and I smile to myself. Why can't I just be a carefree snow bunny? Life would be a lot simpler. I wouldn't be.. whatever I am.

"Vi?" I turn around and see Jasper standing in the doorway.
"Oh hi Jasper." I turn back around and let my feet hang off the balcony.

He doesn't say anything in response, he just comes and shuts next to me placing a blanket around me.
"I don't need a blanket." I sternly say.

"Yes you do." He tightly wraps it around me.

"How's Edward?" I speak up out of curiosity.

He chuckles, "He's fine dear. Upset, but fine."

"Okay good.." I trailed off.

"He just worries about you, we all do. He's also right, we can't protect you on the Reservation."

I sighed, "I know. You guys have a treaty not to hunt on their land."

Jasper looked at me confused and shocked, "How did you know that?"

Now it was my turn to laugh, "Growing up I stayed with Charlie a lot more. So I would go to their counsel meetings with Jacob a lot."

He just nodded and listened.

"That makes sense."

I smiled at him and pulled the blanket closer to me.
"I'm sorry for being reckless.."

"It's okay Violet. Just you need to understand we are all here for you and we can help."

"I know.. it's just hard."

He pulls me to him and hugs me, "We all love you Violet."

"I love you guys too."

"The more you Train the more you'll be able to control your powers."

I nodded and got up with Jasper following.

"I think I should go apologize to Carlisle and Esme.."

Jasper didn't even have to say anything for me to know he agrees.
I headed inside and look at the mess I created and a tear fell down my face.

Knowing Esme would be making dinner for me I walked into the kitchen to find her softly humming to Beethoven and cooking.

Sitting down at the counter I spoke, "You know you don't have to do this for me every night I'm here."

She just smiled, "Violet, you're family and you need all your strength. Of course I do."