16.

It's been week since the encounter with Emmett and Edward, when Edward started pretending like I didn't exist. School has let out for winter break and mostly all I've done is stayed in my room looking out the window watching the leaves change colors and seeing everyone happy. I wish I was happy, but unfortunately that's not gonna happen. I got ripped away from the only person that could make me happy.

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.

Those words keep replaying in my mind. The stupid riddle that Edward told me when he "confessed" his feelings, then again right outside my house. If he truly didn't love me then why would he say that in front of Emmett like that? Oh right. Because that's all I am, the stupid lamb. The stupid lamb that fell in love with the lion, the lion that was known for hurting others. My dreams haven't stopped, they never do. My sketchbook is starting to get a bit full and I'm gonna need another one soon. I still have no idea what these dreams mean, I hope one day to figure it out.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when Charlie knocks on my door and walks in, "Good morning Violet."
"Morning dad."
"Got anything planned for today?" He handing me a cup of coffee.
"Nah. Just gonna stay home." I say taking a sip, appreciating the sweet hazelnut goodness in my hands.
"Vi, you need to go out with friends or something. It's not good for you to always be holed up in your room"
I sigh, "Dad. Please. I just want to be alone okay. It's not like I got anyone."
"Don't say that, you have Eric, Emmett, Jacob" he nudges his shoulder to me when he said Jacob.
"Eric is usually busy with Angela, Emmett.. the Cullens dont talk to me much anymore. And Jacob, I wish we would hangout more"

Charlie stands up and claps his hands together, "I'm glad you said that because he's right outside" I look at him wide eyed and run to my window and see Jacob standing by my truck and waves at me. I wave back at him and turn to my dad, "you're gonna pay for this" I laugh and push him out of my room to get dressed.

I finish my cup of coffee while getting dressed and head out the door

I finish my cup of coffee while getting dressed and head out the door. Jacob runs up to me and engulfs me into a bear hug, "Hello bat! I've missed you" he says nuzzling his face into my neck. "I've missed you too Jake" we let go from each other.
"I'm guessing my dad called your dad and now this?" He scratches his neck and chuckles
"Something like that. We've all been worried about you Violet. You never come to the reservation anymore"
I sigh and look down kicking some rocks, "I just haven't been feeling up to talking to anyone. But Charlie feels different"
"Look today is gonna be a great day I promise you. Let's go" he says hopping into the drivers side of my truck.

"I knew you just wanted your truck back" laughing getting into the truck. "You wish bat" he smiles and heads to the reservation.

We eventually get there and we walk into his house, I close my eyes taking in the smells of my childhood. When I used to spend two weeks in Forks every summer I would spend most time on the reservation.
"Well look who decided to join us" Billy comes rolling up to me
"I mean I was about surprised, but I'm glad I'm here. I've missed y'all" I give Billy a hug look around the living room to see pictures of Jacob and I when we were smaller.
I laugh to myself and look over to Jacob, "I didn't know you guys had all these pictures up still?"
Billy cuts in, "well you're family Violet. Plus y'all loved taking pictures together"