Reason #3

Straight to the point, you're just an experiment. I mean.... there's nothing wrong with that, right? You're bestfriends after all.

... Who am I kidding...?

Let me love someone else if you don't love me..
---

"Uh... Black coffee? Are you sure?" Jade chuckled nervously.

"Yes." I gave her a smile. She sighed and laughed, clearly amused.

"Okay, I gotcha." She started to walk away but I held her hand to stop her. I mean, she's the daughter of a multi-millionaire and she's running errands for a nobody like me? Nah, it doesn't suit her.

"Let me order for you." I offered. She frowned and shook her head. She's acting like a kid right now.

That made me smile. She almost acted like Kath-....

Nope.

"Come on, let me do it." I stood up but she pushed me back. This time, she pouted and crossed her arms.

I sighed and giggled. "If you say so." Her face lightened up and she winked at me. She happily skipped at the counter to order.

Anyways.... Ah, black coffee.

Bitter.

So fucking bitter.

I love the taste of black coffee. It's as bitter as what I feel right now. If I could only turn back time, I wish that I should have never talked to someone like Katherine. People like her just think about themselves, their reputations, and their oh-so-perfect life.

And people like me?

We're just an experiment. An experiment to famous people whether we are useful or if we can give spice to their life. We are the people that they use for the 'rebellion' of their youth.

"Have you ever...... kissed a woman..?" I can smell alcohol on her lips as I helped her get home. Our faces were so close and hearing that question from her?

"No, I doubt I ever will." I answered. My heart was beating loudly and I could feel my face getting hot.

"Woah.. Hold up, homophobe." She laughed heartily.

I stifled a laugh and replied, "Never heard of a lesbian being a homophobe but.. okay."

"Then kiss me.. I'll be your first... and you'll be the first woman to kiss me.. a win, right?" She gave me a cute smile.

"So.... black coffee, huh? You hate black coffee." She started. I accidentally looked at her eyes and.. they looked like they missed me.

Except that she doesn't.

I could feel the same pain I felt when she broke my whole being. I refused to look at her but replied, "Some things change."

"Uhm... How are you..? Long time no talk.." She continued.

"Long time no talk indeed."

"Please let me talk to Katherine.. I'm begging you.." I swallowed every piece of dignity left in me, just to persuade Katherine's parents to let me talk to her.

They almost looked like they pity me. "Uhm... Rory... we can't really do anything with Katherine's decisions.." they said.

"I've been...." miserable "...great."

"That's good to hear.." She smiled. I closed my eyes and tapped my fingers on the table. I just want to forget that she's here and it seems that she can't take a hint.