Reason #11

I love you, can't you see? You're blind and as oblivious as you could be. I'm right here yet you can't feel me.

I still wonder why you're searching for the love that I'm capable of giving.
---

"JADE ROWIQUE, MARRY ME!"

Jade waved at the audience and got into position. I never knew that Jade was a volleyball player just like Katherine. Right now, the both of them are on the same team and they are winning it while Aurora along with her team cheered with breathtaking performance. Giordan High vs Queen's Valley High-- an exclusive all girls high school.

Jade kissed her two fingers and pointed at me then winked. The audience turned their attention on me and squealed. I chuckled at her gesture. Jade is really a sweet person.

She spiked the ball so hard that the other team was so slow to follow up and Jade earned the team another point. She raised her fists up then pointed at me.

The person beside me nudged me and said, "Lucky!"

I chuckled awkwardly and focused on the game. This time, Katherine was the one serving the ball and I could see her eyes looking at me then served it as hard as she can. Everybody cheered for her. Like Jade, they both scored for the team. Her body was also faced to my direction and I grew a little bit uncomfortable.

She did it! Katherine won the championship! She jumped so high and turned, skipping and celebrating with her teammates.

As her girlfriend, I am impeccably proud of her. Too bad... I'm left in the shadows.

I felt a vibration on my pocket and I quickly checked what's up. It turns out that Katherine texted me saying, "Let's celebrate later! That win was for you."

I smiled greatly and felt butterflies. No matter how long, I will wait for her to be ready.

Katherine inhaled and exhaled rather fast and she smiled. She also pointed at me then turned back to position. Everyone eyed me and I grew more uncomfortable. The person beside me now asked, "Woah, you're seriously popular with the gorgeous ladies, Andre. Care to share the secret?"

I pretended to search something in my bag to avoid interaction with anyone here and got my earphones. I just put them on to make people think that I'm listening to something so they won't bother me.

"G-I-O-R-D-A-N---- Giordan High! R-O-A-R-I-N-G--- Roaring Lions!" The cheer squad was great as usual, since they make life and death stunts everyday even at practice. I looked at Aurora and surprisingly, she looked a little bit off. She looked serious and made this major stance that I have never seen before. It was like a tower!

I stood up and clapped my hands. That was great! Aurora turned to me and gave me a smirk. I sighed, thinking that she just stole the whole show from the volleyball game but since the game was so intense, everybody's focus started to lean more on the game after a few minutes.

It wasn't an easy game. Even though we have Katherine and Jade at our side, these girls weren't quitters. They fought till the end and almost did a tie. Everyone's breath hitched when Katherine managed to save the ball and Jade spiked the ball towards the other team. Before I knew it, we won.

I smiled and clapped for everybody on that team. They looked so happy, especially Katherine. Jade on the otherhand, came up to me and pulled me to the center of the court. She was so sweaty but... managed to look sexy.

"Thank you for the support!" She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back with my arms wrapped around her waist. One thing I know for sure, Jade, even at her sweaty state, smells so damn good.

And fuck-- I sound like a creep.

I looked at behind her and saw Katherine looking... hurt and upset? She clenched her fists and looked away. Jade broke free from the hug, not because she wants to but because everyone wanted her attention. I took the chance and approached a certain someone that I needed to congratulate. After all, I still acknowledge the fact that she's a great player.

"Uhm, congrats." I tapped her shoulder and smiled. She looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you. I was wondering if you want to... hang out with the team?"

Huh?

"Wait, Kath, are you sure your girlfriend would be fine that you won't invite her to our victory party?" I heard her teammate ask. I stopped on my tracks and eavesdropped on their conversation. I dropped my bag and silently listened.

"S-She'd understand. She loves me, it's fine." ....of course, it's fine with me. I smiled and gripped my bag.

I guess this is not the time to celebrate.

"I appreciate that but no thanks." I quickly turned around, my breathing had gotten harsh and I was panting subtly. I could feel my chest ripping and hurting.

"R-Rory!" She followed quickly and I don't know what came over me but I ran away.

She unfortunately caught me by my wrist because again--- I'm so dumb to run away from an athlete.

"P-Please, go with us."

---

"Cassidy, you're heavy."

She frowned and looked at me, "Are you saying I'm fat?" What's up with women and their obsession with fitness?

"No."

Katherine is sitting on my lap because the van was too full and she insisted to take me with the team. I told her I could just go catch up but she was persistent. The van suddenly stopped and I had to grab on Katherine so she wouldn't fly off. She looked at me and.. we had an eye contact.

I quickly looked away and saw Jade opening a snack.

She took a chip and bit it like a kid. I grinned. I took out my cellphone then quickly unlocked it to take a photo of Jade. This is probably one of the treasures I would never see again. Jade is usually seductive and elegant, I would never see this adorable side of her ever again because she rarely eat chips.

S N A P

"Hey!" Jade pouted. Awww cute meatball.

I quickly hid my phone on my pocket and couldn't stop smiling. Oh boy, this year is gonna be way more fun than I thought.