Reason #4

Date nights are great! Especially when it's with someone you love.

Unfortunately, you're stuck in the friendzone. Scratch that--

Best-friendzone.

Or to be more accurate--

Sister-zone.
---

Saturdays.

I woke up to the sunshine and warm cozy breeze hitting my face. It almost made me want to drink coffee first thing in the morning.

I stretched and yawned lazily as my mom called out to me. I went downstairs with my phone and saw Dad Feliz reading the newspaper. Dad Feliz is not really my real dad, he's my step-father but I love him very much. He's much more of a father than my biological father would ever be to me.

"Oh my goodness.. Would you look at the news? An LGBT teenager commits suicide after parents forced him to be straight." He shook his head in disbelief and drank the coffee in front of him.

He noticed my presence and immediately went to me and hugged me. "Rory, please don't ever do such thing. Your mother and I, loves you very much. If you have problems, we're here for you."

"Dad, I already came out, right?"

Dad Feliz actually don't like the LGBT community that much at first. He's really religious but eversince I came out, he tried to be open-minded about it. He tried to be a good father to me because according to him, if they won't accept me, who would? He said that he's my parent and he should support me no matter what.

That was really sweet of him.

"We know. You're a strong woman. We believe in you. If you feel sad, just talk to us, okay?" He cooed. Sometimes, he's treating me like a baby.

"Yeah, yeah."

He looked at me seriously and, "But I'll stand with my rule, no girls allowed inside your bedroom."

"Dad, I can't make them pregnant."

"Still, you're our little Rory. I don't care if they're women. If they hurt our little Rory, they'd get a piece of me." He grinned.

Dad Feliz is the father that I grew up with. I don't talk to my biological father. He doesn't care about me and it's fine.

"Stop treating your child like a baby." Mom glared at him. Mom placed the pancakes in front of me and kissed my forehead.

"So..... how's Katherine?" Mom started.

I cringed at the name. Mom and Dad Feliz doesn't really know that something happened between Katherine and I. I just told my parents that Katherine is on vacation.

My parents are really protective. Maybe too much. I don't even want to know what they'd do once they found out.

"She's..... uhm.. great. Hey mom, let's go at the mall. I bet Dad wants to buy new shoes." I changed the topic.

"Okay, but--"

*Ring

--Jade calling..--

Mom and Dad Feliz took my phone. They looked at each other then me.

"Rory, you know that we love you, right?" Dad Feliz started.

"Uh.. yeah?"

"But-- we won't condone cheating, honey.." Mom pointed out.

"Mom, I'm not cheating on anyone."

"Then who's this? You never mentioned a 'Jade' before. We know for one that Katherine is pretty possessive." Yuck.

"....Yeah, Jade is just a friend." I took my phone from them and answered.

"Hey Jade!" I excitedly greeted her.

"I'm at the mall. Wanna do something crazy? At 12pm?" She replied.

"Hmm, I'm not hardcore." I grinned. My parents watched me and they look confused as ever.

"Fine, get your butt here and have a coffee with me. I'll get your nasty-ass black coffee." That's so sweet of her.

"Will there be.... donuts?" I asked.

"Eat all you can." I imagined her grinning.

"You're on."

"See ya!"

"Hmmmmm...... what was that all about?" Mom asked.

---

We're currently at the mall, enjoying window shopping. I still have some time because she mentioned that we're goin' by 12pm. I want to hang out with my parents too so... we went early.

We were just strolling at the mall and ate some good ice cream. Honestly, I just want to go back to being a kid. No problems, no Katherine, just all fun.

"I don't see you nor hear you talking about Katherine these days. Did something happen?" That question..

"Nah, I guess we're keeping it... private." Which we always had. Private here, private there, private everywhere. She can't even come to our house without being hysterical if she was seen by someone.

That relationship?

Sucked.

"Do you think someone saw me?" Katherine nervously fidgeted her fingers.

"I don't think so... why?" I opened the door and she checked everywhere if there's someone following her or taking a picture of her outside my home.

"O-Okay.."

I sighed at the thought.

"Isn't that Katherine over there?" Mom pointed. I froze.

"Hey, Katherine!" Mom waved at her. I stood there while my mom invited my ex-girlfriend over to us.

"M-Mrs. Andre.." she looked dazed. Who wouldn't? She knows that my mom is really protective and for my mom to invite someone who hurt her daughter, no one could have ever thought about it even if hell froze over.

"I asked about you but your girlfriend wouldn't give me the details." She rolled her eyes and poked my side.

I wanted to slam my face so hard at the wall at that moment. Katherine looked at me, as if asking, 'What the hell is going on?' and I really want to break it to my mom that we're over because of Katherine's lying face but.... even though she gave me a painful time, she did nothing wrong to my parents and had done nothing but respect them.

"Oh boy! Rory hadn't talked about me? That's a first." She smirked. She pulled me over to her and hugged me.

"What gives?" She said to me, enough for my parents to hear her.

I grew nostalgic. Her scent, the softness of her hair and her skin, just her talking to me and hugging me... I miss everything about her..

I buried my face to her shoulder and my mom said, "I see what's happening here! You had a fight! Well, young ladies, fix that!"

"Yes, Mrs. Andre." Katherine answered.

I really want to hug her back. God knows how much I want to hug her back.

But.... I don't really want to give her the idea that she could just barge in to my life again and break me.

"....hug me please..." she whispered to me. She hugged me tightly. I was about to cry but I shouldn't. I want to push her but I can't.

So I just let her hug me.

I was about to hug back, giving in to the temptation.

That was until---

"Uhm.. Rory?" A voice called out to me.