Reason #9

It's so unfair how my heart is chained to yours and you don't even notice it.
---

Katherine Cassidy.

The woman who made the boring nerdy girl in class her bestfriend.

I stared blankly at my paper as I reminisced the times where I didn't love her yet. The easier times where I didn't realize that I fell for the wrong person. The times where I could tell myself, "It's just Katherine Cassidy, the popular girl in school. No biggie." But no.. She just had to be charming. She just had to be someone perfect.

Fate.

Oh how cruel. Out of all the people that I could possibly fall in love with, it's with a person that is impossible to get. Or atleast a person I'm afraid to chase.

I scrunched my face in annoyance as I thought hard of what I should write on my essay. I mean, it's so hard to think of something when my mind is swarmed with thoughts of her. Ugh, ew.... I'm turning to one of those lame characters in novels that I usually read.

I looked at her sweet smile as she chatted with Allen, one of the kings in our school. Allen Yugospurgh is the usual basketball player, handsome bad boy, chick-magnet, and leather jacket wearing douchebag. For girls my age, he's the epitome of perfection.

And what am I?

I sighed and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

Oh how wonderful it would be if....

...she'd be mine.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm then I annoyingly slammed the snooze.

Damn, I hate mondays.

I stretched and yawned then I quickly got up from bed. I may hate mondays but I don't hate school as much. I love improving and learning. The only thing I hate about school is the people. Schoolmates and classmates are random people that you're stuck with for probably 2-4 years until you realize that they don't really care about you and you're only there to fill in the void when they're missing someone.

Or was it just me?

My parents aren't here for the week so I decided to have cereal for breakfast and dinner. I could also probably have cereal for lunch if the cafeteria sells some.

After my daily routine, I'm off to school and I continued my daily boring life.

At least that's what I wanted.

"Hey loser!" Aurora displayed a smirk when she saw me at the sidewalk while riding her stupid brand new dark blue Aston Martin, which she thinks is sexy.

Well the smirk is kinda sexy but that's not the point.

The point is--- it's extremely annoying when she does it.

Let me explain.

For Aurora Manes, smirking means 'I have something planned and it's not exactly what you want'.

"Leave me alone." I looked away from her, not ready for anything she's gonna serve.

Sometimes, Aurora is really unreasonable. It just somehow feels like she likes it when you're suffering. Sure it's fun teasing her but..whenever I look at Aurora, it reminds me of...

"Andre!" She followed me. Irritation was probably written all over my face because her face suddenly changed from confident to uncertain.

We stood there in agonizing silence until she broke it. She rubbed her arms and looked away. "M-Maybe you want a ride?"

...

I ended up riding with her anyway.

"So I guess you don't hate me after all?" I asked.

"I thought that was our thing. You'd be the nerdy girl and I would be that cheerleader that annoys the fuck out of you until you would be---" then she stopped talking. I looked at her, wondering why she stopped. She looked rather pink and her hands were gripping the steering wheel harder than I think you should.

"You would be?"

"Shut up." What a change of mood.

We were faster than expected and we arrived early. I removed my seat belt and faced her to give my gratitude. "I was expecting you'd kill me but thanks for the ride."

"Get the fuck out of my car. I hate you." She said, still not looking at me. I snorted.

"Sure, love you." Then I tried to open the door but...

"Uhm.. Hey? It's locked."

"...Yeah." Yep, she's trying to kill me.

"I watched Muay Thai videos last night. Just saying." I nervously stated.

Her phone rang and she took it without unlocking the door.

Great.

I felt uncomfortable just staring at Aurora Manes while she talk with someone who I assume her dad so I took out my earphones and listened to music. It blasted 'Be With You' by Aicelle Santos.

"The moment we met... I just couldn't explain."

This song somehow talks about love at first sight, which I don't believe in. If you watch Steven Universe, Garnet said-- Love takes time, Love takes work. I strongly agree with that statement.

"I find myself drawn to you.. naturally.."

Jade.

"When I saw your eyes.."

Actually--- when I saw her hair. It looks so damn good on her.

"...everything changed.."

"DON'T CALL ME EVER AGAIN! I HATE YOU!"

I took off my earphones and saw Aurora crying with her head on the steering wheel. Out of reflex, I comforted her immediately and asked her, "Hey, what's wrong?"

She clicked the unlock button and she pointed at the door. "Get the fuck out." She can't even talk properly.

I shook my head and cupped her face. "Hey, you can't get rid of me that easily. You found that out the hard way, remember?" Don't judge. I have no idea how to comfort a person.

"Stop it, Andre. I just gave you a ride, that's all. Now, fuck off!" She angrily slapped my hands away and she kept her head on the steering wheel.

I paused there and went back to my seat. I fastened my seatbelt and hummed. I want to listen to some music so I took out my earphones but she slapped my arm.

"Hey!" I raised a brow. She looks so mad but at the same time so sad right now.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" She looks like she's about to kill someone.

"You sound upset."

"Of course I'm upset! You're not leaving my car!" She frustratedly stomped her feet.

"Well, how about you cool that head of yours?" I sighed.

"It's none of your business."

"I'm choosing it to be my business." I looked at her seriously. I seriously hope I don't do anything stupid like fart or something because we're holding an eye contact.

"Whatever, I'm out of here." Then we drove away from school.

Aurora Manes might just be the reason of why my perfect attendance record from grade school up to now gets broken.