Reason #18

Give her up or fight for her, there's only one outcome.

Rejection.
---

"Here, I'll help."

Katherine tried to help me with my bag and accidentally touched my hand. As if it burned, I immediately retreated my hand from her.

Katherine forced a smile and she grabbed another bag.

"I-I'm sorry.."

I looked away but I was bothered of my own actions. She must have taken that action as a form of disgust. I didn't mean to, but I winced!

"Hey, Kath." I waved at her when she was playing volleyball. She looked around, looking if somebody saw me waving at her.

I pursed my lips and forced a smile.

I brought my hand down and involuntarily looked down. I didn't know why but it made me ashamed of myself.

It was as if...

I was disgusting and didn't deserve being with her.

Fuck, I can't remember all of this now, she's working hard to redeem herself and I'm here, trying to ruin everything.

I took a long breath and put down the things that I have with me and touched her hand. My breathing hitched but I didn't let go.

"On second thought, help me with this huge one."

I didn't look at her but once I glanced, she was smiling like an idiot.

"Okay."

I might have underestimated the weight of the huge box just a teeny bit and it fell. We stumbled down and the contents of the box fell out.

"Fuck." I muttered. I immediately got up and fixed the mess. Darn it, I could have been more careful.

"What's this?" She looked at a notebook and I immediately knew what it was.

She opened it and read it out loud. "Reasons Why Falling In Love with Your Bestfriend is a Bad Thing.."

I awkwardly gave her a shove. "I made that all by myself. The both of you didn't help me with that."

She groaned and slapped her forehead. "Shit, I'm so sorry."

I chuckled. "No worries, Jade didn't help either. At least you have someone to feel bad with."

As I set the box up, she was still standing there, glued on her feet. Then she stared at me, looking at me intently.

"....What's the story of it..?"

I nervously licked my lips, I already knew that she was gonna ask that but still, I wasn't prepared.

I can't just tell her that it's a story inspired by our failed love story, can I?

She opened the notebook and read the first page.

"It said here... "

I didn't let her continue and threw a pillow on her face.

It's embarassing for people to look at your work. Especially if they know who you are.

She grinned and put down the notebook. She took a long breath and-- I think I made a mistake of throwing her that pillow. The next thing I know is that she threw the pillow to my face.

It's supposed to be soft but because she was really strong...

"Agh!" I almost stumbled down and stared at her in disbelief. She gave me an arched brow and smirked.

I felt something warm to my chest and can't help but to grin. I mindlessly took a pillow then threw it as hard as I can.

She laughed as the pillow hit her face. She was about to throw it again when I felt a slap on my back.

"Can you both move it along?" Aurora said irritatingly. I'm a little bit annoyed of how she is acting today. She got rude, very irritated, and is always mad at me.

I didn't say anything and finished fixing the mess earlier. After moving our things to the lobby, I was still silent until Jade showed up.

"So here we go, your roommates."

She assigned roomies, much to the distaste of these women.

"Rory and Auro-"

I grabbed anyone beside me and said, "I think I'm okay with her."

Everyone was shocked, even Jade.

Turns out I grabbed Katherine.

--

"You're crazy, Ry. It's Katherine CASSIDY." Kyna was the first one to get mad.

I groaned and sighed. "I will be fine, okay? We're in... okay terms."

"Oh really?" Kyna scoffed.

"Oh yes, they are. They were even flirting earlier." Aurora spat. I looked at her annoyed, I sighed loudly, I left without saying anything.

Why does she even care?!

I walked around the resort and it calmed me. While walking around, I saw Jade giggling at the sandcastle she just made. I bit my lip to refrain from smiling. I approached her and she looked at me.

"Hehe, are you impressed?" She bragged like a kid. I stifled a laugh and sat beside her.

"I'll make a better one." I smugly said. She turned serious and that made me nervous.

"Bet, the loser has to take the other one on a date for these 2 days."

"Okay then, let's do it."

--

She crushed me.

"Wha- How is it even possible to make that?!" I looked at her sandcastle that looks way different than what she made earlier. I'm good at making sandcastles but come on!

"Let's just say I'm a natural at this." She smirked.

I sighed and shrugged. "A deal's a deal. Do we start now or--"

"I need to borrow Andre for a second." Come on!

"Uhm.. yeah, sure." Jade gave me a little smile.

Aurora and I walked silently and it was so awkward until she spoke. "About that confession--"

I took a long breath and said, "Yes, forget about it."

She stopped walking, she looked at me, scanning for any signs at my resting bitch face.

She bit her lip and said, "........Just like that?"

"Yeah, what do you want me to do?" I said annoyed.

She tried to say something but she couldn't spit it out.

"The whole day, you were such a bitch to me and I have no idea why. If ever, I should be the one to act that way. You 'Katherined' me, Aurora. You knew fully well what I've been through." I ranted.

She gulped and then she.. reached out for my hands. "I'm sorry... I..."

I smiled at her and said, "Let's just get along. I'm okay with the rejection." After all, I didn't expect her to like me back. I just needed to get that out of my chest and hope for the best.

It didn't go well and she even Katherined me. Even so, it's fine. I guess I'm already used to it.

I was about to walk away when she suddenly pulled me,

And hugged me.

Then I felt that familiar feeling I had when she was so happy I went to support her in the competition.

Geez.

She mumbled something I can't hear and proceeded to slap my shoulder. What the fuc-?

"L-Let's go back."