Reason #5

Could you live with the thought of ending your friendship for your feelings?

I thought so.
---

Awkward.

"So... Jade, when did you meet our Rory?" Dad Feliz asked.

Jade grinned and excitedly beamed, "Oh, first day of school. She's a wonderful girl, you must be very proud."

"Proud indeed." My mother sipped her coffe while eyeing Jade.

Of course.

I think everybody else is kind of doing it too.

"So-- Kath, do you know who this beautiful lady is?" Dad asked.

"Yes, she's our classmate." Katherine smiled.

Oddly enough, she took advantage of the situation and held my hand tightly, intertwining our hands together. I pursed my lips and wanted to slap her hand. And then..

"Jade?" I looked at her intently, wondering as to why she held my hand as well.

"So, Mrs. Andre, please tell me more about Rory." Jade rested her head on her right hand, curious and smiling.

Perhaps I was staring at her for too long because my girlfriend caught my attention by clearing her throat.

She was somehow gripping my hand towards her, just as how Jade was doing it. I was thoroughly confused.

This is getting annoying..

"You look familiar, honey. Are you a model?" My mom asked Jade.

Jade giggled and slighty shook her head. "I couldn't be. I don't belong to the limelight. I want a simple life with.... my significant other staring at me while sipping their black coffee."

For some reason, Katherine's grip was stronger than before, which I found weird.

I removed both of their hands to stretch and reached for my coffee. When I was done, I placed my hands to my thighs, which they quickly retrieved.

I frowned.

If they have anything between them, I don't want to be a part of it.

The time went quickly and they decided to call it a day.

---

"You bitch!" Would you look at that?

"Yes, dear?" I faced her with the utmost boredom of my being.

"You're such a slut! You went out with not only Katherine but also Jade?!"

How the fuck--

"They are my friends, dear. Are you jealous? Don't worry, I only like you." I smirked.

Sometimes, I find bickering with Aurora sort of irritating as days passes by. At first, it's sort of fun but it's getting annoying now.

"Ughh! You're so annoying!" So are you.

"The best compliment I've heard so far." I smiled. She frustratedly stomped her feet childishly as she walked away.

"Wow, you were on fire!" Jade ambushed me with a hug. I giggled.

"I know right? Sometimes it gets annoying though."

"Woah! You really shut Aurora down! What a queen!" Kath laughed as she gave me a high five. I laughed along with her and gave her a grin.

"You really think so?"

"Yes! Damn, with that kind of attitude, I'm really gonna fall for you!" She giggled. I blushed.

Katherine Cassidy.... is a huge crush. I have no idea when and how but.. she somehow stole my heart. Her grin, her eyes... her everything, it makes me melt.

"Keep this up and you might even become the school's bad girl!"

"No way, I'm ugly and awkward." Her words just.. gives me butterflies.

I cringed.

"You okay?" And Jade Rowique to the rescue.

"Yeah, no problem."

We were silent for a while. I could feel that Jade was getting a little curious. Perhaps I'm spacing out too much.

"Uhm... if you don't mind, can I ask what's between you and Cassidy? The both of you... looked like had a little history."

I wasn't surprised, really. It was obvious how bitter and cold I was towards Katherine. "We did."

She was silently walking with me and then-- she hugged me.

"I hope you heal soon." Then she gave me a kiss at the forehead.

I stopped walking for a second and pondered upon the action. I held my forehead gently and felt my self smiling.

What a good friend.

---

"Andre, Cassidy! Pair up for this one." The teacher handed our paper and I couldn't have been more bitter.

"We pair up again, Rory." Kath winked at me. I couldn't help myself but grin. She's just so... perfect.

Kyna nudged me to my side and whispered, "Not your type, huh? You look like a love sick fool."

I tried to hold my smile in but.. I can't.

"Oh my goodness... you are, aren't you?!" She excitedly slapped my arm.

We found a seat at the back and started to work. I volunteered to get the hard questions because I want an A. I bit the corner of my pen, although it disgusted me a little because who knows how many germs this carry.

"So..." can't she just keep her mouth shut? "... I didn't know you're dating Jade."

I raised a brow. "I didn't know either."

She placed her pen at the table, looking at me intensely. "I saw her kiss you at the forehead."

"She's my friend, what do you expect?" Honestly, so malicious.

"Oh please, don't tell me you don't know she's got a thing for you." She almost stood up from her chair. I frowned. It's only been a month since I met Jade. She's being ridiculously unreasonable to make an assumption that Jade likes me.

"Don't be so malicious. Jade is a good friend. Besides, that doesn't concern you." I shook my head from disappointment as something washed her over. She calmed down and took a seat.

"You're right. It doesn't concern me." She whispered slightly. I snorted.

You're right. It doesn't concern me. Bullshit. She acts like she cares and shit but if she actually cared she wouldn't have--

"Hey Ry, you got an answer at number 8?" Jade asked. I pointed at my paper and she nodded.

"Mm-hm, thanks." She winked.

At our table, the tension is so thick. It's not that I actually care but.. everyone is staring at us. Everyone knows what we've been through together and... it's uncomfortable.

".... You really think that Jade wasn't flirting." For pete's sake!

"No." I focused on the paper instead. I'm incredibly irritated by how Katherine talks to me. It's as if she's a jealous girlfriend and she doesn't even have the right to be jealous. She destroyed me! I swear, she's just doing this to annoy the shit out of me.

After we're done, we passed our papers and our teacher had news for us.

"It had always been a tradition to take you guys to the beach and relax as a welcome gift for all of you. This is a 3 day trip so pack up real good and I'll see you all tomorrow."