Reason #17

Everything you suddenly know about love confuses you. What is love, really?

They said that you can't date anyone that you barely know.

I've known her for so long but....

She doesn't want me.
---

Why?

Why does it have to be this way?

I heard consecutive loud knocks from my mom, frustrated that no matter how loud she knocked, her daughter who got a crisis can't seem to wake up.

I wanted to get up from my bed, it's freaking hot. It feels like an oven inside my room because my mom set a timer so we wouldn't waste electricity.

But I just feel so... ugh. Like I want to bang my head on the wall.

"GET UP NOW!"

"Yes, mom!"

I feel like....

Ugh.

"Congratulations, Manes." I smiled, holding out my hand for her to shake. She raised a brow and smirked. She flipped her hair then said--

"Duh, I'm Aurora Manes."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Excuse me, cheerleading is not all about the head cheerleader but it's the teamwork that makes wonder."

"That is so.... ew." She fanned herself then smiled. I couldn't do anything but chuckle while shaking my head. We.. had a 4 second eye contact and then she jumped to my arms, tightly embracing me.

"Just this once.."

"You did this more than once."

"And it feels warm. Thank you.."

"Ry, you told me to wake you up at 7am because you said that your friends invited you to their road trip." My mom said, annoyed. Her hair is still a mess and she looked like she was electrified.

And oh.. Road trip.

Very much dreaded.

After taking a shower, I just wore a simple black t-shirt, jeans, and white shoes.

And of course, I didn't forget to bring my favorite stuff--- Hygiene kit.

And yes, songs.

"They're here."

I ran outside and saw a black Audi. Damn, the car is smoking! I bet thousands of dollars I could get lots of hot girls with that.

Speaking of hot girls..

"What's up Ry?~" Kyna winked.

"Stop flirting with her for fucks sake, you--- wait, who are you again?" Aurora smirked.

Katherine paid no mind to the both of them bickering then left the car to offer a hand with my bag. "Here, let me help you."

I wasn't aware my mom was actually standing in front of our door. She said, "Kath, dear.. Let Rory do the work. She needs to tend to her girlfriend duties, right?"

I swore I heard Aurora cough and was about to say something. Kyna immediately to the rescue and tackled her down while covering her mouth then yelled, "Her girlfriend duties to me, alright! Heya, Mrs. Andre!"

"Mom! I love you! We're going now!"

Then I rushed to the car. I'm sitting at the backseat and I'm right next to Aurora.