Reason #15

No matter how hard I try to tell myself that I don't want you, I still find myself crazy about you.
------

"R-Rory?"

I smiled awkwardly, gripping the box that I held with both of my hands. I hesitantly reached for their hands, and tried to mano. Mano is a part of Filipino tradition wherein you take the hand of someone older than you and place it on your forehead to show your respect. They instantly reached for my hand as well and after I mano, they hugged me, dismissing the cake that I brought.

"Oh, Rory! We missed you!" They hugged me tightly, maybe too tight.

I missed them as well..

Yes.

I'm outside Katherine's home.

I heard running footsteps inside the house and I instantly knew that it was Katherine. She stopped in front of me, panting and couldn't believe that I actually came.

"R-Rory.."

I looked at her, my breath hitched as if I saw someone terrifying. She pursed her lips and her hands couldn't stop fidgeting. She was trying to say something but she couldn't say it.

"Katherine!"

My mouth formed an instant frown, looking at one of the reasons why... why we... we broke up..

"Alle---" He wrapped his arms around Katherine's waist and she flinched. She looked away from him and sighed.

"Why are you talking to this dyke? Hey Andre, you want a threeso-" She pushed Allen so hard and I could feel my hands turning into a fist. I left the scene and I felt a hand restraining me.

"Rory, hear me out." I could feel like my heart was being torn apart over and over again. Out of all the people that could she--- out of all! Fuck!

She looked at me pleadingly, not the Katherine I used to know. I remembered when I was the one who kept running after her.

Oh how the times have changed.

I bitterly took my arm back and started to walk. Until she..

She hugged me.

"Rory.. i-it's my birthday this Saturday.." she said as if I still have any responsibility to come. Yes, I remember her birthday. It was my job after all.

"Is that so? Happy birthday." I tried to walk but she held me to place. I heard Allen calling out to Katherine and I feel her arms slowly unwrap-- away from me.

I knew it..

"Mind your own business, Allen. Get the fuck out of my face." She bitchily turned him down and held my hand. I saw Kyna who tried to approach me while it was clearly visible that she was annoyed but Jade stopped her while looking at me seriously, as if I was supposed to know what's on her mind.

Katherine turned back to me and bit her lower lip. I could see determination from her eyes and she said-- "Please come to my birthday, at my house." Then she ran away.

"I--- I never thought that you'd come." I never thought either.

I didn't look at her straight in her eyes and I could hear her parents teasing us. I could feel the pain coming back to me.

"I bought a cake, happy birthday." I said in my monotone voice. Her parents thanked me and took the cake. She had the confidence to hold my face and make me look at her. Her eyes were so happy, it was twinkling. I could feel the heavy feeling inside my chest, I wanted to cry.