Felicity_West2019

The Iron Woman

Cover: 8/10

Description: 6/10

Grammar: 8/10

Style: 10/10

Character Development: 9/10

Intrigue Factor: 9/10

Plot: 8/10

58/70

I really love your cover, the background image of the girl works really well as you can see how she is feeling. The Iron Man faded in at the window compliments the cover perfectly and gives us another idea, aside from the title, what this is about. I really like how you have made it. Your font for your author's name is large and dramatic and it is big enough to see which is great because some people make them too small. I love the font for your title, it works very well with the whole Tony Stark and his inventions side of things, well done. The only thing that I could fault is that I think your Marvel Studios logo and the writing underneath is quite small and I had to zoom in to be able to read it. I think you could also make your title a bit thicker so it doesn't blend into the background, other than that, I really love your cover, well done!

Your description is good but it is a bit short and lacks detail, maybe add a bit more on how she makes a deal with a company that wants to 'upgrade' her father's suits or something that will add a bit more information to it, space it out a bit. But I did like the style you used and how you wrote it, you used good vocabulary and it set the scene for me and it did make me want to read on.

I did find that you had a few simple grammar mistakes but if you read through your chapters again I am sure you would be able to pick them up, they were only minor though, you could still very clearly see what you meant.

I really love your writing style, you got all the characters emotions across very well and you used good description that created an image for me. Throughout the book you use good vocabulary and you do not give away too much in each chapter, I love it!

Your character development is very good, when you right you get Maya's emotions across perfectly, especially in the scenes where she is thinking about her dad. You can tell she really loves Peter and that she loves her family more than life itself. I think it is important for her to carry on inventing and making things like her father did, I think she feels that it is her way of clinging on to him, as well as the fact that she just enjoys it. You have portrayed her characteristics and personality very well, you can tell that she is extremely smart, nice and protective of her family, you get to know how she thinks, well done! The only thing I found was that you did not develop your other characters as much as you did Maya and I do get that Maya is the main character but it is important to develop the characters around her as well, you did develop them to a certain extent though. Other than that, well done!

Your book really interested me, I know that some things like this have been done before but the way you have written this book has made it unique. The detail, the characters and the plot has just kept me hooked thorough out the whole thing!

Your plot is great, I have seen others like it, which is why I only gave you 9 points, but, I think yours is unique and has an original and well thought out plot line. I like that everything is spaced out and the start of the first chapter was very affective as it was so emotional and it created an impact on the reader, it made me want to read on. I think that throughout the book you explain more and add more detail as you go which also keeps the reader interested, I really like your plot! You have not given away too much at once and you wait until you are a good halfway through the book before the mystery and action comes in, I think you did this very well!

I really enjoyed reading this book! It was interesting, unique and a great read, well done!