A New Face

It was later in the day, everyone that came to watch the sports festival had left including the press. The sky was painted a pastel orange and yellow.

"Good work." Mr. Aizawa said, "So there will be no school tomorrow or the day after. I'm sure the pro heroes who watched the sports festival will want to recruit you, but we'll consolidate everything and announce it when you get back." We were all sitting in our seats, some of us bandaged and some of us not.

"Rest well and look forward to that."

"Yes Sir!" Everyone called out in unison, I looked around then started packing my bag to head home. A cool steady breeze blew through the air moving my hair back and into my face. I took the strand out of my mouth and tucked it behind my horns. I shook my head and continued my way down the street. It didn't take very long for me to reach the path to my house. I reached into my bag to get my keys.

I put my bag down on the island in the kitchen, I walked over to the fridge and looked inside.

"Empty," I said to myself, I sighed and looked over to the fruit bowl that was placed on the table. "Empty too..."

I reached into my backpack once again and grabbed my wallet, and opened it... only 12$. I closed my eyes and released a breath. 'I'll just skip dinner tonight.' I made my way to the bathroom and took a quick cold shower. Once I was done I wrapped my towel around my body, and walked into my room.

I rummaged around my dresser for some pajamas, I found a large black shirt and some boy shorts. 'This will be fine.' I thought as I put them on, dropping my towel. Carefully slipping my sore wings through the slits. I picked up my towel and hung it back up on its rack in the bathroom.

My exhaustion from the day finally caught up to me as I reached my circular bed.

Bed frames and mattresses cost too much. So luckily one day I stumbled on a trampoline that nobody wanted anymore.

When I was first rebuilding my house I had a couple of eye hook screws left over. Braided rope wasn't too expensive, so I bought the black and silver-colored rope, and tied the rope to the outside metal ring. And threaded it back through the hook, I took my golden fuzzy blanket and wrapped them around the metal and sewed them onto the trampoline from the underside.

Because I didn't need my red sheets anymore, I cut a line from on side to the middle. I draped it across all of the rope and sewed it back together. I took my assortment of black, silver, and red pillows and leftover gold blanket. And made a 'nest'.I lifted my blankets and curled up underneath drifting into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~

It was late morning from what I could tell when I woke up to my stomach rumbling. I groaned and pushed my self up off my bed, letting my legs dangle off the edge. I stretched my arms and wings letting blood flow easier into them.

I scooted off of my bed and slowly walked over to the bathroom. Where I then washed my face with warm water and face wash. I dried my face and brushed my hair leaving it down for the day.

Hunger gnawed at me causing me to hurry up a little. In my closet, I grabbed a plain large grey shirt and my new exercise shorts with a hole for my tail. With that, I grabbed my wallet, put on my shoes and headed out.

'I can't get any apples at the moment so in just going to have to get instant ramen.' I thought to my self and sighed, 'I'm going to need to get a job if I can't pay for food. I don't even know how my bills are being paid as it is'

I didn't realize it but I had already arrived at the supermarket till I bumped into someone. Almost falling on to my but till they caught me.

"Woah! Careful there!" I looked up to see who had caught me, and it was a guy with a large smile and blond hair.

"Sorry I bumped into you." I apologize as he helped me onto my feet again. "I was lost in thought."

"Don't worry... but aren't you the second-place winner of the 1st year's sports festival?" He asked I was surprised I was recognized so I nodded. "Really! Wow, you were so cool out there you really did a good job!" He commented.

"I don't really think so, I mean I lost in the end. All because I lost my cool..." I whispered the last part, but he ruffled my hair avoiding my horns. He was comforting and he's nice to be around. I had surprised my self by smiling at him.

"Are you here to do shopping also?" I questioned, to which he shook his head.

"I'm only here to get some ramen!" He answered with a blinding smile. As if his smile was contagious my smile grew.

"That's great! I'm also here for some ramen," I stuck my hand out "Xanth Asuka." I introduced my self.

"Mirio Togata, 3rd Year Hero Course student at U.A!" I was surprised but in a good way, we continued to talk about our studies at U.A. "Have you chosen your hero name yet?" He asked as we were leaving the store, we both had bags filled with ramen. The store had a sale for 25 cents for a package so my bag was heavier.

"Hero name, no not yet why?" I asked him as we walked to the nearby park. He tapped his chin in thought as we found a bench to sit on.

"If I remember correctly, right after you choose your hero name you have a week of internships!" He tells me when he finally remembered.

"Internships... Huh? Mirio, what should my hero name be?" I asked him, "I mean there's Ryukyu, but... I don't know." I told him, we had been talking for a long time and it was getting dark.

The sky was a beautiful mixture of purples, pinks, and blue... like a galaxy sort of. I looked up at Mirio and saw him thinking again. I leaned forward and sort of stretched my wings, it's not comfortable to have them all bunched up.

"How about Galexia?"
(Gal- ex- ca) He asked out of the blue, "Your quirk lets you have space powers right?"

"Yeah..." A soft smile came onto my face. "It does." I sighed as the world grew even darker.

"Well Mirio it's getting dark and I don't want to keep u out for so long," I said as I stood up, brushing imaginary dirt from my shorts. I turned around and held out my hand to help him up.

He gladly accepted my hand and got up. He looked like he was going to say something till he started looking for something in his pocket. It was a phone.

"Here put your number in so I can reach you later!" He exclaimed, I shook my head softly and pushed back his hand with his phone towards him.

"I don't have a phone or an email, sorry Mirio," I told him, they were too expensive, I didn't need one anyway. His smile faltered a tin bit but brightened once more.

He once again reached into his pocket and this time took out a pen. "Can I have your arm for a second?" He asked, I was confused but still gave him my arm, he started writing his number on my arm.

"When you finally get a phone add me into your contacts!" He exclaimed I laughed for a moment till I stopped in shock. 'When was the last time I laughed...'

Authors Note:
Hello everyone I'm not dead! Sorry it took so long for this to get out I'm not good at free writing at all! But Asuka and Mirio have Finally met! Yay!