Is this love?

Authors note:
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry for making you all wait like two weeks for this... I had some personal issues and I just didn't have the motivation to write. On top of that I got a new phone yayyy... so yeah. Oh! Please if you have any fan art you have at all please I'd love to see it! I'm sorry again now please enjoy the chapter!

(The picture is reference for Mirio's phone in the chapter)

'Warm...'
Everything is warm, the breath on my neck, the arms wrapped around me. Myself, I feel warm... I peered behind me to look at him, my sunshine.

~~~a bit but not too much earlier~~~

Mirio's P.O.V

When she started crying, he felt his smile drop, quickly turning off the stove and rushed to her side.

"Hey, hey... come one none of this." I whispered, gently rubbing her arms reassuringly. "What happened?" I questioned mostly to myself.

She was trying to speak but all that came out was blubbering words that I couldn't make out. 'Damnit, Nejire what do I do?' I scooped her up into my arms and walked to her room. I quickly realized I hadn't been in her room yet. I shook my head and continued rubbing large circles into her back as she cried onto my chest.

Her room was nice, very comforting, and cozy. I peered at the suspended trampoline, quickly realizing that this is her bed. "I'm going to set you down and get you something to drink ok?" I gently set her down at the edge, turning around to go get said water.

"NO!" I was startled, the pure desperation I heard confused me. "No, please don't go just... stay" She pleaded, her fiery eyes glossed over and her lips trembled. I hesitated before I slowly climbed behind her doing my best to stay stable on the hanging bed. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She sniffed and shook her head no, I sighed and wrapped my arms around her shoulder in a hug.

"Hey, we're partners now. You can tell me anything." I murmured, she was so small in my arms. I was basically smothering her. I raked my hands through her knotted hair. Slowly detangling it. "You know, I wasn't always this strong"

"When I first started out I was scared. Scared my quirk would kill me. My permeation lets me phase through things but, when I'm fully inside objects I can't see or breathe." I felt her shift in my lap as I continued absentmindedly playing with her hair, "But I grew and learned from my mistakes. Now I am who I am, part of the big three with my two best friends."

Her sniffles were definitely better, she pulled away from my arms. And wiped met eyes. The moonlight hit her hair just right from the opening of the sheets. Making the deep black have a bluish tint to it like raven feathers.

Her eyes were still glossy and red, but the amber eyes that stared back seemed to glow in the dark. I smiled softly, thankful the darkness could hide my warmed cheeks. "Thank you Mirio but I'm fine-"

"No, don't lie to me and just say you're fine! If you don't want to tell me that's perfectly fine like I said we're partners now... I- I'm here for you." I hesitated, rethinking my words.

Her tears welled up in her eyes once more but I wiped them away. "Come on, you've had a long day... get some sleep." I urged, gently pushing her to her side. Pulling the blanket up and setting it around her. I was about to slide off but was stopped again. Her tail was wrapped around my waist, pulling me back. "Please, stay."

~~~ back to present~~~

Asuka's P.O.V

I felt complete somehow, my heart doesn't ache when I'm with him. 'Dad what is happening to me?' I questioned as I snuggled back into him. I couldn't sleep, too many questions were running through my head.

'Give him something shiny tomorrow'

I didn't know where it came from but it seemed like the right thing to do. Peering up at him, even I had a hard time in the complete darkness of my 'nest'. I slowly reach out to his face, gently mapping it out. Feeling the slightest hint of stubble here and there. I stopped when he grumbled nuzzling his cheek into the blanket.

My cheeks burned with an unfamiliar emotion, racking my body, and making my heart race. 'Am I dying.' It beat so loud I was sure he would wake up because of the sound.

'He's just like him.'

I felt my eyes get heavy as I felt myself drift off to sleep. Just as I was pulled into the vast void of sleep I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me to something warm, very warm.

~~~ another time skip cause I can't do enough of these~~~

The first thing I could feel was the arms wrapped around me, then it was the chest flat against my back. I move my wings out of their cocoon-like state and realize it's Mirio behind me.

My heart raced again, beating so hard it hurt. I slowly pried his arms off of me then slid off the bed. I was about to go through the door but I stopped. Looked at the phone on the dresser, then back hearing the slight snore, and grabbed the phone.

Making my way to the kitchen I fumbled with the phone. Placing the phone on the counter and tried to turn it on. Pushing the middle button on the bottom the screen lit up. I hissed the bright light hurting my eyes. The image that stared back at me was a picture with Mirio himself and two other people.'Must be his friends.' I tapped at the screen lightly and words appeared at the bottom.

swipe to unlock screen

I did so and it unlocked to my relief. "I need to go to... um, Google? ... I think that's it" I mumbled I looked across the apps looking for google.

Youtube

Flappy bird

Messages

Phone

Settings

App Store

Google!

I clicked on the white app with a big G on it. Then there was a search bar? Is that what it's called... and I started typing.

𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕞 𝕦𝕡?

Over 1000+ results... but the first one caught my eye.

𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖

"I'm in love?"