A Dragon Learns to Dance

The two arrived at the agency laughing and wet, apparently going through clouds while seemingly dropping out of nowhere could do that. Bubble Girl and Centipeder whisked the two away as soon as they were dry.

"Ok Asuka, you're probably wondering what's happening right now," Bubble Girl said to her, "If you haven't heard already, Endeavor was able to take down Stain this week, and the HPSC (hero public safety commission) decided to throw a little party in celebration, and we've been invited along with other agencies."

I nodded along with Bubble Girl as she explained everything the party started later this evening. Sir wanted us earlier so we could do patrols early so we had time to get ready and everything.

Mirio and I went on the new patrol route, slowly familiarizing ourselves with the new area. Telling silly jokes and telling me stories of his friend that I might meet tonight. Tamaki sounded nice, though from what Mirio has told me is very shy. Nejire reminds me of a typical big sister you would read about in a book. I frowned, knowing I didn't have anything close to formal in my wardrobe. I shook my head letting it slip out the back of my mind. It has been years since I wore a dress, I guess it would feel weird if I did.

"Asuka! Ya know how this is a formal party and all right?" Mirio spoke, I hummed scanning the area looking at all the smiling faces. "Do you know how to dance?" Many scenarios went through my head all at once, mainly of Mirio teaching me how to dance. Then later dancing at the party, just the thought of it made my cheeks warm. Hiding my face in my hands at the sound of his laughter, I smacked him upside in the head with my tail. Now he was the one rubbing his head, smiling a bit I realized we were at the end of our patrol. I grabbed his wrist, tugging him back the other way. Laughing as he stumbled and struggled to get upright at my pace.

It wasn't too long after that we arrived back at the agency Centipeder and Bubble Girlfriend once again whisking us away once we were done changing and clean. "Ok... Asuka, heels? Yes, No?" Confused I walked closer to the closet she was standing in front of. To my utter amazement, many beautiful and very expensive presses of all sizes and shapes were there. Along with a couple of boxes of heels.

"Huh? Wha-" I was cut off by Bubble Girl Pulling me into the walk-in closet multiple dresses were piled into my arms while she grabbed a couple of boxes. Turns out the agency has some formal wear tucked away for pop up parties like this. I was grateful but overwhelmed, learning how to walk in heels was a nightmare. Finding a dress for my small stature and to accommodate my wings and tail was even more of an event. Finally, Bubble Girl pulled a long dress out of the back, thankfully in my size. An emerald green spaghetti strap dress, with a low x cross that would be good for my wings. With a slit in the side that I could thankfully move my tail in.

"It looks so cute on you. And the basque style makes you look stunning!" Her rambles and occasional squealing fell def to my ears while I looked in the mirror. Grasping the smooth material on both sides I twisted side to side. I look different, cupping my cheek making sure that I'm seeing the same person in the mirror.

I look like how I used to be. Coming out of my trance once Bubble Girl tapped on my shoulder. "You ok there? You spaced out for a moment. Come sit so you can put on these heels." She ushered me towards a little bench on the side of the closet handing me a box she pulled out of who knows where. Pulling out a black pair of heels, on the box apparently called a box heel.

"Is all this really necessary?" I questioned after she pulled on her dress and shoes. Choosing them while I had put mine on, now trying to put makeup on my face. Something I had never understood why girls put on. "Yes now stay still or I will put bright red lipstick on you?" She giggled using something called a wand to apply mascara on my eyelashes. Then some eyeshadow, only a little bit, I don't like the feeling of it going on. I eyed her warily as she came over with a pale red lip gloss. She noticed and rolled her eyes, smiling, applying some, and stepped back to admire her 'work.'

"Am I allowed to move?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm done come to look!" She exclaimed, pulling me up and to the mirror. Now I definitely didn't look the same, yes I looked nice but not 'nice.' I smiled and thanked her as she pulled me toward the workout room. So I could learn to dance, as apparently, Mirio had spread the word of my inability to do so.

When I opened the door. I knew I would remember this moment for the rest of my life. He stood in the middle of the room. A traditional black and white tux with an emerald green tie to apparently match me. Fiddling with his cuffs he smiled when he finally got them where he wanted. Turning to the door where he noticed me, he took an exaggerated bow that brought a giggle out of me. Looking up at me smiling his bright smile.

"Well, it looks like it's the dragons' turn to dance! Isn't that right!" He said with a laugh that just sounded a lot more natural than the rest.

Authors Note:
Hello everyone! I know that updates have been slow and I've been neglecting all of you with no updates but I promise I will get right back into the swing of writing. Now that school has started I can finally get back into a normal routine. As always stay safe, and be careful!