I Think It's A Girl

Elena and Hayley had followed Sabine inside and to the kitchen, where Sabine would find out if the baby was a boy or a girl. Elena watched warily as Hayley lied down on the kitchen island bench that Sabine had told her to lie down on. After making sure that she was comfortable, Sabine took off her necklace and they watched as it started to wing gently around in a circle over Hayley's stomach.

"I think it's a girl."Unknowingly, Hayley didn't realise that she was starting to smile happily."No. Wait."Sabine said as she started to stare at the necklace, as if in a trance and Elena tensed, ready to drag Sabine away from Hayley if she became a threat.

"Wait, what?"Hayley exclaimed, frowning."Please tell me I'm not going to have a Mini-Klaus."Hayley pleaded.

Sabine's head suddenly shot up, gasping as she dropped the necklace."Hoc Est Infantima Malom. Nos Omnia Perdetu El Eam."Hayley watched with wide eyes as Elena stared at the Witch, her mind translating the Latin Words into English before her eyes narrowed as Sabine came back to herself and looked at up at Elena fearfully.

"Get out."Elena snarled, helping Hayley to her feet.

"Elena, I-LEAVE!"Elena roared, Vamping out in the process and Sabine, seeing the danger she was in, took off.

"Elena? What is it? What did she say!?!"Hayley questioned the Witchpire warily.

The Witchpire inhaled and exhaled while counting back from ten and slowly felt her features return to normal."It's hard to translate."Elena stated before she walked off, leaving Hayley to stare after her in confusion and worry.

Nibbing on her bottom lip, Hayley walked out of the kitchen and headed up stairs, to the study, knowing that Klaus had a computer in there, and she would hopefully be able to translate whatever Sabine said into English to help her find out why Elena was suddenly being very cryptic and warily of whatever Sabine had just said and seen, which Hayley could only guess was a vision. As the hours past, Hayley was so into figuring out what Sabine had seen and said by translating her words, she didn't hear Klaus come to stand in in the doorway of the study. Only when she saw him in the corner of her eyes, did she look up at him.

"I thought you might like to know that Elijah is returning to us."Klaus stated as he came to stand in front of the desk and looked at Hayley.

"Congratulations. I guess being diabolical has it's perks."Hayley smirked but it faded into a gentle smile."Elena will be happy."Hayley stated and looked down, happy that Elena will be able to see Elijah again and hopefully, she'll be talk to him without Elena knowing, telling him that Elena loves him and hopefully with give him a small shove in her direction,

"You hardly know him and yet you miss him."Klaus stated.

"Elena misses him too."Hayley retorted, looking back up Klaus.

"As if I haven't noticed. Elena and Elijah are.... similar, I suppose you could say....."Klaus shrugged, glancing away, missing Hayley rolling her eyes, before he looked back at the Mother of his child."What is it about my Brother that always inspires such instant aberration?"Klaus asked curiously.

"He was kind to me and I guess, he was kind to Elena as well."Hayley said, unsure, and Klaus stared at her for a few seconds before he turned and started to walk away."Hey,"Hayley called out, causing Klaus to freeze."I learned something today."A small smile formed on Hayley's face."I think it's a girl."Klaus' lips slightly parted and his eyes widened.

Elena, who was coming to talk to Klaus the moment she heard him come inside the house, hid when she saw him talking to Hayley, and couldn't help but smile at the look on Klaus' face. He was smiling. A gentle smile. Something completely rare to see on Klaus' face. 

Chuckling softly to herself, the Withpire silently went downstairs, wondering if there truly was hope for the Mikaelson Family after all. Maybe that child was their hope, but not just for them but solely for Klaus himself.

"Elena."The Original Witchpire paused at the bottom of the steps and turned to look over her shoulder, looking up the stairs at where Klaus was standing.

"Yeah?"Elena asked, raising an eyebrow at him,

"Elijah will be returned to us shortly, as I'm sure you heard."

"Among other things..."Elena trailed off, trying to keep her happiness at bay before she remembered what she wanted to talk to Klaus about."Klaus, about your child-I know, Hayley said that she thinks that it's a girl."Klaus cut Elena off.

"No, wait, that's not what I want to talk to you about."Elena said, turning to fully face Klaus.

"Elena, it's late and you look tired, Little Sister. I'm sure whatever it is you want to talk to me about that concerns my child can wait until tomorrow."Klaus said dismissively and walked off to his room, leaving Elena standing at the bottom of the stairs, furious, upset and like Klaus said, tired on her feet.