Fruit Of The Posioned Tree: Grocery List

The next morning, Elena found herself waking up from the most peaceful sleep she had needed for nearly a week. Sitting up, Elena glanced at the spot next to her and chuckled. Elijah was an early riser. 

Shaking her head, Elena got up, not caring that she was wearing one of Elijah's shirts that she had been using as a nighty and it went down to her thighs, but she did have a pair of her own shorts on underneath so that Klaus or Rebekah, or even Hayley for that matter don't get the wrong idea. 

Then again, they'd probably still think that they had sex no matter how many times she and Elijah deny it. Elena and Elijah had talked more about their relationship last night before bed, and made the decision to go slow, for Elena's own sake, and Elijah was completely understanding as to why and he felt very ashamed that he had also been another person to cause Elena to feel inferior to her Doppelgangers and had vowed to make it up to her in whatever way he could and would be able to.

Walking over to the door, which Elijah had fixed within records time and shocked Elena, because she didn't think that Elijah knew how to fix a door, the Witchpire, after checking her hair in the mirror, so that it wasn't a mess and it wasn't, opened the door and stepped out into the hallway to find Hayley coming out of her own room. Hayley beamed at Elena and walked over to her.

"Morning."Hayley said, looking Elena over and smirked.

"Goodmorning, Hayley. And before you say anything, nothing happened."Elena said and gave her a warning look. Hayley put her hands up in mock surrender before they made their way downstairs and to the kitchen while chatting.

As they came closer to the kitchen, Elena not realised that classical music was playing in the living room but there was a mouthing watering smell of blood that was also coming from the living room and she quickly shook her head, getting rid of the bloodlust within seconds as they entered the living room. 

Hayley glanced at Elena, wondering what was wrong but the moment they stepped into the living room, she realised what the problem was and was once again amazed by Elena's self-control. After shooting Klaus and Elijah withering glares for making Elena uncomfortable, Hayley rested her hand on her stomach and rubbed said stomach before heading into the kitche.

The Brothers had seen Hayley's glare and the look on Elena's face. Klaus was inwardly cursing himself for not remembering that while Elena was a Baby Vampire with a lot of self-control, she still had the urges of a week old Baby Vampire if even the slightist hint of blood reached their noses. 

Elijah, while guilty over the fact that he had forgotten about Elena being Daggered before she was even a month old Vampire, was incredibly proud of her self-control. Elena looked between Klaus and Elijah, raising an eyebrow and wondered if she should ask if they were back to being Brothers again or enemies.

"Do I even want to know what this is about?"Elena asked, gesturing between them and the dead body.

"Not really, no."Klaus said briskly and the Witchpire looked at the Werepire before looking at Elijah.

When Elijah didn't say anything, Elena glanced one last time the body before she walked into the Kitchen and straight over to the fridge to grab a blood-bag as Elijah came in a few seconds after she had started to pour the blood into a glass while Hayley was rummaging around, looking for something to eat. Elijah leaned against the wall of the doorway, watching them with a smile on his face.

"Good morning."Elijah said coolly, yet happily.

"Morning, Elijah."Elena replied, smiling slightly as she took a sip of her cup of blood.

"Hello."Hayley said softly before Elijah went to the cupboard next to the doorway as the back door opened and Rebekah came in."Listen. I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drink milk,"Hayley looked between her Hybrid friend and the two siblings as Elijah pulled out some food, cereal."but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"The pregnant Wolf asked.