Reigning Pain In New Orleans: Jacked-Up Peace Offering

The very next day, Elena and Elijah woke up to Rebekah arguing with someone. Grumbling tiredly under his breath, Elijah got up and quickly dressed before glancing at Elena, who was sitting up, looking annoyed as she looked at the time on the clock before she fell back on the bed and pulled the covers up over her head and closed her eyes, only for Elijah to yank them away. Huffing, Elena grabbed Elijah's pillow, only for that to be taken from her as well.

"Elijah, it's early!"Elena snapped, opening her eyes to glare at him.

"Elena, it is anything but early."Elijah said, looking amused as Elena closed her eyes."Now up you get, Lovely. We have to ensure that Hayley does not pay for our mistakes."

A groan left Elena's lips."For one day, just one, can we have a day of peace?"She asked, frustrated as she opened her eyes again and got out of bed, quickly getting dressed. Elena had a black tank top on underneath her long sleeve cream coloured sweater, black tights on underneath her dark red skirt, and a black trench coat.

"You should know by now, Lovely, that it is rare to get a day of peace in this Family."Elijah said as he placed his hand on the small of Elena's back and they walked out of the room and headed downstairs to where Rebekah was standing with her backs to them and Humans were in the house taking items and objects.

"Absolutely not."Rebekah exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest."I paid for that."

"Please."Elijah said as he walked down the stairs with Elena."Never paid for anything in your life."Elijah stated with a hint of coldness in his voice and Elena blinked, realising that Rebekah must have told Elijah what happened while she had cleaned herself up and Elijah wasn't happy with Rebekah.

"Seriously?"Elena asked, looking at her Older Adoptive Sister questionably.

"I hardly see how that's relevant."Rebekah snapped before noticing the glare Elijah shot at her."Nik is just punishing us."Rebekah said in a stony voice as she pursed her lips into a frown.

"Well, we've hurt him, deeply, it would appear."Elijah stated as he buttoned up his own black trench coat.

"We believe the worst of him the one time in a million when the worst wasn't actually the truth."Rebekah said regretfully as Elijah and Elena started to walk to the door and Rebekah realised that they were wearing coats."Where do you think you're going?"Rebekah questioned them and the couple turned to face her.

"As Elijah told me, to ensure that Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes. Or rather yours and Elijah's."Elena stated, causing Rebekah to, unnoticeable to the Human eye, flinch.

"Elena."Elijah said sharply to Elena and shook his head."Niklaus is feeling vindictive. We cannot trust that Hayley is safe."With that said, Elijah took Elena's hand in his and led her down the steps and to his car while Rebekah stared after them, frowning.

Elijah drove into the Quarter, however, he parked his car out of sight of the Abattoir, meaning that they had to walk the rest of the way. They got the entrance just in time to see Diego appear, startling Hayley. Before Diego could force Hayley to head back inside to the courtyard, Elijah grabbed him and slammed him, face first, into the wall hard enough to snap his neck.

"I thought I killed him."Elena stated, looking down at Diego with a thoughtful look on her face."Oh, wait, nevermind, I snapped his neck."Elena said and smiled at Hayley while Elijah frowned at her.

"Elijah, Elena."Hayley breathed out, eyes wide as she glanced between them before quickly hugging Elena, who returned the hug."You shouldn't be here."Hayley said, pulling away from the Witchpire."Klaus has his guys watching me."

"I wouldn't worry about that."Elijah stated calmly and Elena smiled when two Vampires were thrown to ground with a cry of pain just before their necks snapped, from Elena using her Magic, as Rebekah came out from around the corner.

"Knew you'd follow."Elena stated and Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Come. We mustn't linger."Elijah said firmly as he turned on his heels and started walking away along with Rebekah and Elena."Let's get you someplace safe."

"No."Hayley said, not following them, which caused the trio to pause and look back at her."You don't have to worry about me. I'm fine."Elena pursed her lips while Rebekah scowled and Elijah looked at the pregnant Wolf questionably."I've been deemed under protection of the almighty Klaus."Hayley glanced between the trio, looking annoyed and frustrated."It's the Werewolves who need help."Elijah's eyes narrowed as he and Elena came closer."He ordered a Wolf Hunt as some jacked-up peace offering to Marcel's crew."Hayley explained through gritted teeth."You have to help them."Rebekah and Elena shared matching looks, that spoke volumes.

"Out in the Bayou?"Rebekah exclaimed softly and Hayley nodded slightly.

"Are you out of your god damn mind!?!"Elena hissed."Have you forgotten that we're Vampires,"Elena gestured at herself, Rebekah, and Elijah."and I'm Witch Hybrid. Your people hate Vampires and even some Witches too."Hayley grimaced, knowing that Elena was right.

"So do we look like a bloody Vampire Rescue Squad?"Rebekah asked, looking at Hayley like she had lost her mind."I think you should be grateful that we came to save you."

"Listen, Rebekah, Elena."Hayley glanced between the two Originals with tears in her eyes."All of my life, I've wanted to know who my real Family was, and just as I find out that they're out there in the Bayou, Klaus orders them killed."Rebekah sighed softly and Elena's eyes soften at seeing the tears in Hayley's eyes before glancing up at Elijah, who looked back down at her then back at Hayley."You want to help me?"Hayley asked, looking at Elijah, knowing that he, as the oldest, was the leader, the Alpha even if Klaus was the Werewolf of the Family."Help my people, please."Elena, Rebekah, and Elijah glanced between one another.